The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Electric Dove trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Hi! This is not a joke, more of a sad state of affairs really. I have a bird phobia, Ornithophobia it's called, not great when you're performing magic right? What makes this situation even more funny, is I'm 6ft 6 270 pounds and when a little bird comes near me whilst walking down the street, I look like a bit of a goose ducking for cover. Go on...laugh. My 8 year old daughter thinks it's funny too. It's ok.

Anyway, I purchased one of those electric doves thinking I could do something funny with it (I'm a comic) but for the life of me I can't work out what kind've appearing trick I can use for it. It's hard plastic so you can't palm it like my latex one. I'm new to magic and any help, direction or ideas would be awesome.

P.S. If this is in the wrong section let me know and I'll post it over in the Funny section.

Cheers Kel
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
I think I can hear crickets chirping.
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Depending on size, it could be produced from a body l**d or using a prop such as a dove pan.
Zaubern Smile
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
I'll try to work something out with the dove pan. I have a double load one. I just thought it was a little obvious that's all.
Thanks, Zaubern.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
What is an electric dove? Do you mean the flapping plastic dove that has a battery? That thing scares me! It takes off like a bat out of Hades and goes right for my eyes! For your bird phobia, I suggest hypnosis. You really CAN get better! (I have a phobia of my own and I work on it regularly. Has something to do with mealworms...)
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3210 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Try making a mirror-box bird house. You might want to check out Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki's "Puppy Fiki" dog house for plans (The Wizards' Journal #18).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Electric Dove trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL