The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Circle Examination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Derek O
View Profile
New user
Basingstoke UK
9 Posts

Profile of Derek O
I have my interview with the Magic Circle in London at the end of November. If successful I will move on to the examination phase. I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions in putting together my 10 minute examination routine. I have downloaded the examination sheet, but would love to here from anyone with tips on openers, closers and the best sleights or performance aspects to show case so I can demonstrate a reasonable skill set and competence level. Thanks for your help
crummens
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of crummens
Good luck...
Ricardini24
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ricardini24
Good luck indeed.

I cannot help but by the magic of this post I can bring you back to the top of the subject list in the hope someone who can assist will see this and do so.

Wish you the best.

Richie.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I can only relate to the process I went through when I applied to become a member of the Academy of Magical Arts (Magic Castle) in California. My mentor advised me to practice for my 10 to 15 minute routine until I could get up in the morning and perform it flawlessly before having my morning cup of coffee. He sayed that only then would I be ready to audition for membership. I practiced my twelve and a half minute routine until I could do it in my sleep. As a result I performed in front of a panel of professional magicians and passed with flying colours.

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Ray, GREAT story and GREAT advice!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Derek O
View Profile
New user
Basingstoke UK
9 Posts

Profile of Derek O
Ray - Thanks for the inspiration and advice Derek
Derek O
View Profile
New user
Basingstoke UK
9 Posts

Profile of Derek O
Nice one Richie - very good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Circle Examination (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL