The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help With A Name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
I need a couple of things. There is a trick that I learned using a Rubberband where it appears as though 2 are linked together. You go to meld one rubberband through the other and it disappears. Does anyone know the name of the trick. It is usually performed on the heels of Crazy Mans Handcuffs. Also do any of you have any ideas for ditching a rubberband without the spectators noticing, that why you can go right into this trick?
If this is sensitive, please PM me and edit post
Thank You
Shawn
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6826 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Nope,

Not a problem at all, as a matter of fact, I just acquired that tape, trading stuff with a friend.

Look for Dan Harlan's, "Magic With Rubberbands" (Vol's 1, 2, & 3). In the first volume, he teaches you "Rubber Cuffs", and that's where you find the method for that effect.

That one trick, where 2 appear to turn into one, is called, "Crazy Twist Vanish", and MIGHT be credited to Dave Neighbors. Not sure, though.

I hope this helps, and maybe someone else can expand on this?

Doug
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's definitely what he's talking about. Buy the videos they're amazing. Also, the ditch isn't hard if you routine it right and use camouflaging, which is also taught on the videos.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I know the effect but not the name.

However, I have found it to be quick undeceptive. Do it slow and people see what you are doing. Do it fast and they think you've just flicked the other band off somewhere Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6826 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I know what you mean, Nicholas!

If you do it as part of a series of effects, it's not quite so obvious...CMH is done so much these days...most everyone has seen it. Check out the Harlan vid. It segues from one to the next...etc.

Great stuff!

Doug
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of newguy
You will find the vanish you are looking for as part of a multi phase routine in Kaufman's Dingle book.

A shame he is gone...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help With A Name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL