The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sight of Madness (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 21:27, Mind illusionist wrote:
This does certainly sound like a great deal. I just have one simple question, is this a visual effect for the audience? (And I hope you understand what I mean by that).

kindly,
M.I.

Hi M.I.,

It's hard for me to answer that one, I'll PM you.

Anthony
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
This is a great little routine that Anthony has put together. To answer my own question above yes, there is quite a strong visual element that the spectator experiences. Handling and method is simple and easy enough so that performance can be focused upon! for 2.50 GBP this is a good deal in my opinion, for a standalone effect or a strong routine to add to a bizarre show.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Very nice. They came, they saw, they freaked out.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Holy Cow... I just paid 4.06 US for this... heck... my wife could do this for nothing Smile
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks for the kind words guys, glad you like it. Smile

Quote:
On 2012-11-14 03:13, Al Desmond wrote:
Holy Cow... I just paid 4.06 US for this... heck... my wife could do this for nothing Smile

I'm confused Al?

Anthony
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 08:05, Anthony Black wrote:

Quote:

I'm confused Al?

Anthony

My wife is a "witch"... she can cast the spells... it was humor... maybe too dry, maybe too vague... It was a humorous pat on your back for a wonderfully clever effect.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 08:57, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 08:05, Anthony Black wrote:

Quote:

I'm confused Al?

Anthony

My wife is a "witch"... she can cast the spells... it was humor... maybe too dry, maybe too vague... It was a humorous pat on your back for a wonderfully clever effect.

Hahahaha Thanks Al!

Doh! It's so obvious to me now what you meant Smile

Sorry my friend, it's been a strange couple of days with very little sleep!

Glad you enjoyed the routine,

Anthony
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
Thanks Anthony,

I got the e-book right before I left my home this morning and read it this afternoon. It's very nice when one shares their work or pet routines with the rest of us. The best part is that is stimulates my
Imagination for presentations that suit my own performing style and presentation. As an Actor, playing the role of a Magician that is playing the role of a Mentalist. I enjoy scripting that I can elaborate on myself within a believable framework and premise. I can see a number of applications for this method I had not considered before.

k
St. Paul, MN
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I love this. I had guessed a different method, and was pleasantly surprised. I can make this and perform this...which says a lot...believe me. This is well-worth the asking price, and I hope we see more magic from Mr. Black.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thanks for the kind words guys! Smile

Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
I was quite fortunate enough to have just read Anthony's newest effect, The Sight of Madness.

I was already impressed when I read his first offering, Resurrection Dreams. I can now say with no uncertainty
that Anthony is definitely NOT a one trick pony.

The Sight of Madness is (to me) what bizarre magic is all about. Effects like this will not leave your audience asking
"How did he do it?" they will more than likely be asking "Did that really just happen?" This effect is all at once simple,
elegant and beautiful.

More so than anything I've read recently, Anthony's work has really opened my eyes as to what can be achieved
in the realm of bizarre magic. There is nothing complicated in it's execution, leaving you completely free to
concentrate on your presentation.

Anthony understands as a creator that in order for an effect to truly work, it must be able to be altered to fit
the performing style of the magician. Should you choose to use Anthony's script, fantastic! But the effect is
designed in a such a way that it can be made to fit any mood or performing style. Want it to be unsettling? Can't
get much better than effect as is! What it to be funny? Totally doable! What about a romantic version for a Valentines show?
(HHhhmmmm....bizarre Valentine magic.....that might be a new niche!) it can be done.

They say you can tell a good idea when you say to yourself "Why didn't I think of that?!?!?"

Well........

The Sight of Madness..........WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?????
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Thank you very much Smile
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
The Sight of Madness is brilliantly simple. It is very easily adaptable to my own style. As soon as purchased it, I devoured it. It'll get your mind whirring too. Thanks for sharing this with us. It was an absolute steal.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-11-29 16:14, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
The Sight of Madness is brilliantly simple. It is very easily adaptable to my own style. As soon as purchased it, I devoured it. It'll get your mind whirring too. Thanks for sharing this with us. It was an absolute steal.

Glad you enjoyed the routine, let me know how you get on with performing it.

Any questions please just ask,

Anthony

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sight of Madness (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL