The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Make or buy magic stuff ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glut
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of glut
Hi all,

I just saw a video on how about to make a stripper deck.

Do you think it's a good think to make (a part of) our own magic accessories or it's better to buy it ?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You learn more from making tricks. You learn how to repair them if needed, and how to replace them quickly and inexpensively. Later, if you want to buy the same prop for comparing, at least you will know how to fix it when things go (inevitably) wrong.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Sandusky, OH
955 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I think it's better to make them yourself. Many times you'll end up with a product that is more meaningful to you, and potentially better quality. However, "better" is a highly subjective word, and there's nothing wrong with buying stuff. If you can't make time to make your own props/accessories, then by all means buy them. I'll also point out that if you're willing to put the work into making it yourself, you're more likely to practice and come up with a good routine for the object in question.

Tora has some great advice in this thread for making your own stripper deck, if you're so inclined.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Make or buy magic stuff ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL