The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Harrison's Silk-Blow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Just curious to see if any of you either have this or have used it? They were made years ago by Magic, Inc. but I think they've been unavailable for a long time.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have it. what do you need to know?

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Richard:

I have two sets with the wood stand and all gimmicks, but not the silks......I think they use 9 inch silks correct?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They use 12" silks in the Harrison Silk Blow. This was a favorite trick of Don Lawton to perform, he gives 2 routines in his book "Lot's of Lawton" published by Magic Inc. Don Lawton performs it on his VHS video tape of his act.

Don liked tricks that were unique in the handling and used magic principles.

I had one but sold it to a Café member when the economy took a dive.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
12" 6 momme. It might take 15" but no more than that. I just looked again at the gimmicks. They are very small the size of a Rice Simplex dye tube. They had 12" 5 o4 4 momme silk. They look almost like chiffon.

As a point of note, Tim Balster came up with a way to use 18" silks. I just say that as I know you have seen him work at Abbott's.

Lots of Lawton is a great book and has the whole routine in it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Richard:

Thanks so much for the silk dimensions....I could have sworn that the last time I used the trick that it was with 9 inch silks that came with the Magic, Inc. trick package.

Hmmmm...a 12 inch brightly colored silk blown out of a tube would look pretty BIG on stage....I think an 18 inch one would be HUGE...would be interesting to talk to Tim about his method..

I must admit that I love the Harrison Silk Blow Trick and want to bring it back into the platform act.

The older I get, the more I appreciate my audiences enjoying simple, direct platform magic with silks, eggs, cards and coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Harrison's Silk-Blow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL