The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Simple and Visual Coin Production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2012-11-15 10:54, Mb217 wrote:
Well OK, I just did it, and it went over well several times here at work. Smile And I did it very simply too just by showing one coin (in the deceptive way that I do, openly from hand to hand) Smile and then giving it a whirl on the table to produce 2 coins. I was about to go into another effect with the 2 halves but decided to simply leave the wonderment on their faces as it was. Smile

Oh and it can be done in a small area as the coin spins in a tight enough space really.

*And hey eaton, how about calling this little gem The Eaton Split? It's easy enough, as I've shown here, to package it into a quick effect or even use it within larger routines I would think. Its overall simplicity, effectivenes and instant amazement in the production of 2 coins deserves a more proper reference, I'm just sayin' . Smile

-Mb

Awesome! Glad they liked it. I called it Splinter because it's a play on the words "spinner" and "split". Like I said..it's just a move until someone takes it and runs with it. I'm a bit fond of the simplicity though Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Oh OK, I must've missed that. That's a pretty cool name as well. Smile

And yeah, I've been fiddling with it all day and a variety of ways to present it, but it plays best simply put, where it can't be lost in longer presentation or quickly forgotten because it was way up front. I've been using a few of my moves to clearly show one coin and I'm really diggin' this with using my Quick Pitch to help set up the action. Smile Once it's solid in the spec's mind, I spin the coin and briefly let it soak in. Then I hit them with your Splinter and they can't believe it. Smile

Believe me, I could easily go into all sorts of stuff from there with 2 coins but the look on their faces said I had done enough. It really is quite amazing and fun to do. Smile I did it at least 10 times today for people that just couldn't believe what they saw. It's a lot of fun and so easy to do for such a good moment of magic to leave in folk's hearts & minds.. Smile

A real goody for the holidays for sure. Thanks much and "Splinter" it is. So let it be written, so let it be done. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Eaton Split. That's what I do when I can't afford to pay for my meal. Smile
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2012-11-15 18:27, eatonmagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-11-15 10:54, Mb217 wrote:
Well OK, I just did it, and it went over well several times here at work. Smile And I did it very simply too just by showing one coin (in the deceptive way that I do, openly from hand to hand) Smile and then giving it a whirl on the table to produce 2 coins. I was about to go into another effect with the 2 halves but decided to simply leave the wonderment on their faces as it was. Smile

Oh and it can be done in a small area as the coin spins in a tight enough space really.

*And hey eaton, how about calling this little gem The Eaton Split? It's easy enough, as I've shown here, to package it into a quick effect or even use it within larger routines I would think. Its overall simplicity, effectivenes and instant amazement in the production of 2 coins deserves a more proper reference, I'm just sayin' . Smile

-Mb

On 2012-11-15 6:27, eatonmagic wrote:
Quote:

Awesome! Glad they liked it. I called it Splinter because it's a play on the words "spinner" and "split". Like I said..it's just a move until someone takes it and runs with it. I'm a bit fond of the simplicity though Smile

Cool, I think I will try to run a bit with this move. And keeping it clean and simple will be a priority. Thanks Michael. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
I'm happy to report that "Splinter" is currently (as of the time I am writing this post) sitting in #1 on Penguin's Top 10 Download list. I'm very thankful.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/top10.php
go4relax
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of go4relax
Just bought it. Saw it. Love it.
Simple, effectiv.
that's how it should be.

Thanks for that one Smile

br, go4relax
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Funny, I just did this today for some people in the Diner here. I do a bit more with it upfront as I've shown Mike, to better sell the absolute notion of just one coin, right before the split, and then going right into my Ike & Mike's Revenge effect. Smile The folks in the Diner were completely amazed.

This is a nice little effect that works well as a quicky-tricky or as a nice opening to a larger effect, as I like to use it. Either which way, as a nice open or addition, I highly recommend it. Smile

Nice job Mike, good luck with it. Smile

-Mb

msmagic1
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of msmagic1
Use it all the time
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Awesome! I'm glad you guys liked it. My friend Mike Kaminskas messaged me the other day and told me he had a KILLER application for it. I'm going to see if he wants to tip it to anyone but if not, ask him to show it to you if you guys ever see him ; )
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
If your looking for a way to do this without a table check out Jay Sankey's drop out move.

Do a flying shuttle pass to show "one" coin and then do the drop out move to split it into two.

The spin on table is a nice idea.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Funny, I just bought it too, I am still on the edge with Whether to buy bottom shot or not? Looks like a lot of practice time involved.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Chewbacca
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Chewbacca
I just bought this. Can I say wow! I am just starting out in coin magic and this little effect is going to be so nice to use. Thank you for this.
Aaaargh...
"Chewie"
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-03 04:39, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Funny, I just bought it too, I am still on the edge with Whether to buy bottom shot or not? Looks like a lot of practice time involved.

Hey PD,

Hope you enjoy Splinter. I think a lot of magicians will enjoy it since it offers a visual punch yet is extremely easy to learn. In case you're still on the fence about the Bottom Shot, here is a couple quotes I have read about it both here on the Café as well as the Penguin Magic page:

"I just downloaded this effect. The move is a bit of a knack, but after trying this about five times and wondering if I was ever going to be able to do this, suddenly the card flew across the room! The download also has another very cool move where a card is produced in the middle of a card fan. Very nicely done. The video gets to the point and explains not only the bottom shot, but a few other move very clearly. I highly recommend it."

"The video is short, under 15 minutes. The move is explained pretty decent. The way he does it, it looks great. This move is knacky and well take practice. It's not easy. I have been doing cards for s long time now and I have trouble with it. I actually bought this a days ago and just now did it the first time tonight. After a few days I got it and only done it a couple times. So not ready yet. The card shoots incredibly fast and I like it. Practice this, but when you finally get it down, you'll love it. Can't go wrong fir the price. So practice practice practice and you'll have a great trick."
Reonaru
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
86 Posts

Profile of Reonaru
Magical and direct ... great idea !!!
Leonard Rangel

@El.Mentalista

www.LEONARDRANGEL.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Simple and Visual Coin Production? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL