The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marvelous Nut Dropper by Matthew Wright (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
I received the NutDropper today. I must say that it's a clever idea and I like the performances by Matthew Write. I was hoping it would of been able to pack a little smaller. Therefore, my NutDropper that has never been used, just reviewed DVD, is up for sale. Let me know if your interested.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2013-02-28 09:49, Paul S Wingham wrote:
Does this work without fruit. E. g item from walnut?


Yes, I suppose you can.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Chris could you clarify what you meant by "able to pack a little smaller"? Are you referring to the size of the gimmick?

Alex
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2013-03-01 01:15, puffinmonkey wrote:
Chris could you clarify what you meant by "able to pack a little smaller"? Are you referring to the size of the gimmick?

Alex


Yes, I am referring to the gimmick. lol I guess you might be thinking how much smaller can a nut get!! I think the set up and what is required along with the gimmick is a little to big for my likings.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
I currently do a bill in lemon that takes about 5 minutes to prepare each lemon...how long is the prep for this effect? (fruit and wallnut?)
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Anyone else having trouble finding walnuts in the UK? Nowhere seems to stock em...
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
I get mine from my local fruit and veg seller and never had a problem but I have heard a few people struggling to find.
As with everything else available to buy....eBay has the answer. There are loads of people selling in the UK.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Homegrown-Waln......294a6161

As for set up time.... Around the same.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:30, matthew wright wrote:
I get mine from my local fruit and veg seller and never had a problem but I have heard a few people struggling to find.
As with everything else available to buy....eBay has the answer. There are loads of people selling in the UK.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Homegrown-Waln......294a6161

As for set up time.... Around the same.


Haha, that's it, you can officially buy ANYTHING on eBay!!

Thanks Matthew.

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 12:30, matthew wright wrote:
I get mine from my local fruit and veg seller and never had a problem but I have heard a few people struggling to find.
As with everything else available to buy....eBay has the answer. There are loads of people selling in the UK.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Homegrown-Waln......294a6161

As for set up time.... Around the same.

Thanks!
Can the spectator open the fruit and walnut or must the magician do so? Also would this be suitable to use with a dollar? Thank you!
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 13:35, Sparda wrote:
Thanks!
Can the spectator open the fruit and walnut or must the magician do so? Also would this be suitable to use with a dollar? Thank you!


They wouldn't be able to hold the actual fruit that you were going to do the reveal from. You could of course work it in to your routine to have another identical fruit handed out first them do a switch. With regards the walnut I've not made this up yet so in not sure how much scrutiny it would hold up to but from what I've seen I would have to say yes you could hand this out for examination first. Lastly if you mean a dollar bill then yes, revealing notes is covered on the DVD and also adds the ability to "smash" open the walnut for a dramatic ending (something you're probably not gonna want to do if someone's borrowed diamond ring is in there...)

Hope this helps Smile

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
451 Posts

Profile of martysh
Source for walnuts.. don't know about the UK but I got mine for another trick a year ago at
nuts.com used to be nutsonline.com

I am going to be a nutdropper too.. I noticed that the package I got not all of them are large enough for the load...beware a bit

walnuts in the southeast are sold seasonally - at the end of the year.


Marty
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
The nutdropper is designed so that the smaller walnuts will not fit in it. This means that if the walnut is big enough to fit in the nutdropper gimmick it is big enough to take the load(unless is a crazy big sovereign ring)

The spectator can absolutely remove the walnut from the fruit and open it themselves if that is how you want to play your routine. They can even cut open the fruit themselves once you have "shown them how to do it safely". It is very clean and very hands off. Once you have started the cut of the fruit they can do everything as the work is already done.
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
This is becoming a true show piece for me guys. I'm buying things that I normally wouldn't to go with it. A box some what like Matthews, that I'm keeping my cups in. And things of that nature. But that's the beauty of buying this. The DVD alone will get you thinking about things you might not have before.

Brandon
Dr Eschaton
View Profile
New user
U.K.
14 Posts

Profile of Dr Eschaton
Amazing value for money, beautiful magic and detailed explanations...
You'd be nuts not to get this, so full of performance tips.
Thanks Mr Wright!

All the best,

Colin
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Sorry for a basic question but anyone who has bought this will know what I mean. He states in the description of the envelope gimmick that the OTL principle is used and he refers to the salient feature of the OTL. then when matthew shows how to make a gimmick he doesn't say to put that feature in? When he shows himself setting the gimmick you can see that the feature is there but my question is this. Is there any need for the extra OTL feature or can the prepared envelope satisfy the OTl illusion? Hope that made sense!
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Its ok I think I realise that the OTL feature is necessary so as to cover up the flap, Its a shame he didn't included that in the instructions as for the most part the instructions are very comprehensive so I was loath to include something that he hadnt!
tasteofmagic
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
125 Posts

Profile of tasteofmagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 15:32, zactudor wrote:
Its ok I think I realise that the OTL feature is necessary so as to cover up the flap, Its a shame he didn't included that in the instructions as for the most part the instructions are very comprehensive so I was loath to include something that he hadnt!


Hello. Yeah the flap is required and unfortunately got missed off the DVD. It was filmed but by the time we noticed it had been cut from the edit it had gone to print and we'd gone past the point of no return unfortunately. It's not a huge issue and the OTL flap is pretty simple to just add on to the gimmick. If you are struggling then please feel free to message myself or Matt and we will talk you through it. These things happen from time to time, especially on such a huge project but I hope it does not detract too much from the quality DVD set or the effect. I hope this helps and again my sincere apologies
Kind regards
Mark
Taste Of Magic Productions
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Mark thank you so much for the quick and personal reply. It certainly hasnt detracted from the DVD set. it was only because of the high quality throughout that made me doubt whether I needed to put something extra in. Thanks again for such comprehensive instructions and clear DVDs. I am off to Estonia next weekend when this and Fourseen are both getting virgin outings!
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Sparda
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 14:15, *double-A-magic* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 13:35, Sparda wrote:
Thanks!
Can the spectator open the fruit and walnut or must the magician do so? Also would this be suitable to use with a dollar? Thank you!


They wouldn't be able to hold the actual fruit that you were going to do the reveal from. You could of course work it in to your routine to have another identical fruit handed out first them do a switch. With regards the walnut I've not made this up yet so in not sure how much scrutiny it would hold up to but from what I've seen I would have to say yes you could hand this out for examination first. Lastly if you mean a dollar bill then yes, revealing notes is covered on the DVD and also adds the ability to "smash" open the walnut for a dramatic ending (something you're probably not gonna want to do if someone's borrowed diamond ring is in there...)

Hope this helps Smile

AA

Thanks for your help!
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
UK source for walnuts - Waitrose.

That said I have yet to split a walnut cleanly! Not sure how much it matters.

Danny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Marvelous Nut Dropper by Matthew Wright (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL