The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » To young for table hopping? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Hi I am 13 years old and live in Australia... is it legal for a restaurant to hire me for table hopping entertainment.
thanks
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
I do not know about Australia but in the UK 13 year olds are permitted working in Licence premises; it would then depend on the clientele if they would wish to be entertained by someone of that age in licence premises. There is also a limit to the hours you would be permitted to work. You could approach those premises that do not serve liquor. Some international brands come to mind.
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Even if theres a law against working that young, I'm from america so I don't know, but if there is one against working at 13 there's probably nothing that says you can't perform for free at 13, would be good experience, so that when you are old enough to be paid you already have experience, goodluck dude.
tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
I started performing in restaurants at about the age of 15, and I am almost 17 now
I do it for free, mostly for practice and for some publicity,
I make a nice income from the shows I book through my restaurant audiences and the tips are nice, too
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Tkuiveuxo I think it may be time for you to start charging for the restaurant gigs as well, I mean really there's no reason that you shouldn't if you've been doing it for 2 years then you could probably find a place to pay you, then you can enjoy the perks of the publicity, the money you make on shows you get from your restaurant audience, and a decent income from working at the restaurant
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » To young for table hopping? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL