The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Requires Only You DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Of course. If you look at the review I give details of the routines and the techniques.

I understand that negative reviews are often taken personally, but I think that we are in a difficult situation with magic DVD's- you have to buy sight unseen and there can be no returns. Therefore we need honesty in reviews and contents

I have tried to be honest and I am not trying to be unpleasant to anyone.

Shane
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Shane,

I respect your feedback even if it's not positive with a few exceptions:

1. RZ center tear is completely my own variation!
2. RZ Modified Switch is my modification to Annemann's and I also explain in detail the creative thinking techniques that I applied to it. After looking it up I can say that Osterlind may have something similar but not the same.
3. PAM TW force is WAY more than a minor modification to PATEO and I also explain my way of thinking.
4. Acidus Alkalinus is Acidus Novus but with different approach to the peak.
5. I don't try to show magician breakers or present moves that you've never seen anything like it before.
However, I do demonstrate my approach and way of thinking in a real world working mentalist arena, and trust me the material on this DVD is defiantly not just for beginners.
6. The routines are basic with one purpose – to be a vessel for the feature the techniques.

Shane, I encourage you to watch Requires Only You again without trying to be fooled. Pay attention to the subtleties, way of thinking and the approach. I am sure that once you apply this way of thinking your opinion will change.

By the way, I am a big fan of the sentence: God is in the small details.
Roy
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
I don't want to get in to an argument and I do not want to be unpleasant. I find watching a performer's style interesting but that is not how this DVD is billed.

Thank you for keeping this civil. It shows in your attitude that you are a good person.

I have read your replies and stand by my original comments.

Kind regards

Shane
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I just received my DVD and look forward to watching it over the coming days.
mentalran
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of mentalran
Just recieved mine and its brilliant!
I don't agree that this dvd is only for beginners at all!
I'm sure that professionals will appreciate all the little subtleties
that can upgrade your allready existing effects to a whole new level

3 thoughts is so beutiful, clever and direct! this piece only is worth the price of the dvd!

keep up the good work and thinking Roy
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Jheff of Marketplace Of The Mind puts Requires Only You in the Honorable Mention section of his Best of 2012 list. See here:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/2012best.html

He also gives the DVD a very good review:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/requonly.html

Jheff is not an "easy" reviewer so it is hard to imagine this being a DVD best suited for beginners without him saying just that. Interesting that two people have posted otherwise; now I have to get it and decide for myself!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Requires Only You DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL