The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Coins needed to Charming Chinese Challenge - why so expensive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Amon-Re
View Profile
New user
Holland
86 Posts

Profile of Amon-Re
I've got no time too write up my routine at this moment it's too extensive for that but I will show you my version as soon as we meet again Eric. It also involves much more then 4 coins and a string.

Mr. Biro I was the guy playing the guitar when Dan leFay did his performance in the close up gala on FISM. I believe one of the pictures in a magic magazine is me though I've never seen it myself as I don't subscribe too those magazines but I've heard saying so.

Eric I will send you an mp3 with how too pronounce it so next time you can order for me and Dan will pay Smile Smile
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Uh-uh,
It was me playing the guitar (on a pre recorded track) and giving Amon-Re the opportunity to do some "lip-sync" on his toy guitar.

When he played with Dave Williamson, THAT was really him.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He "played with Williamson" -- poor man... tsk tsk.

I must say the DISAPPOINTMENT "for me" at FISM, was that I arrived to late to see your performance.

Win some lose some. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Check out the markets or those shops that sell a lot of junk. There are plenty of those chinese coins.

They are not real coins though, they are usually just metal disks that are pressed to look like them. Find the heavier ones if you can, they handle a bit better.

Paint them with some black model paint and they look just like the ones on the CCC video. There you go, I've saved you some money.

Simon
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Simon,
Thanks for the tip on the model paint. I was wondering what the best paint would be.

Remon,
I'm wondering more about your presentation and effect. I don't want a lesson, yet. I'll wait until I see you for my magic lessons, mighty sensei. I'm just curious about what the spectator sees. I end with a very cool impossible location, by the way.

Later Dudes,
Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Amon-Re
View Profile
New user
Holland
86 Posts

Profile of Amon-Re
Hi,

I've send you a email with some details. For people interested in the coins I bought from the site mentioned above I've got a little close up picture of them here:
http://nexus.are-b.org/~amonre/close_up_chinese_coins.jpg

Original there about 3/4 of the thickness you see now as these were made steelshimmed I chose too make them a little thicker then usual.

Cheers,

Remon
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Eric,

There are 2 kinds of common model paint, acrylic and enamel. Can get them from most toy and hobby shops.
The best model paint to use is probably the enamel type, they don't wear out as easily and the finish looks better.

The only advantage for the acrylic paint is that it is more 'forgiving'. If you stuff up you can clean it up easily with water and it is easier to apply if you're a novice.

There isn't much room for error so I'll stick with the enamel.
Final tip, stick some blu-tac on one side of the coin to hold it in place before painting it, it will save you alot of messy clean up and frustration.

Simon
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Thanks again, Simon.

Eric
family/magic/music/life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Coins needed to Charming Chinese Challenge - why so expensive? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL