The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bibliographical references on C&Bs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I'm looking for the publication dates of Irv Weiner's routines:

Patriotic Cup and Ball Routine Manu-secrets © Irv Weiner Studio of Magic Boston
Impromptu No Nesting Cup and Ball Routine Manu-secrets © Irv Weiner Studio of Magic Boston
Three Ball Monte Manu-secrets © Irv Weiner Studio of Magic Boston
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Lawrence O:

Do you know Dave Cresey? I bet he'd know who in the Boston area might be a good source of information for this....
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Todd's bibliography should have these references. It's posted in this same section of the Magic Café - by Todd ("Lint"). I just checked the original monograph that I have of Weiner's "No-nesting" routine but it's not dated.

Fortasse
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
....,,....just checked, Todd's biblio lists these routines but no references are cited.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
If it was helping I have them listed as
Irv Weiner: Patriotic Cup and Ball Routine Manu-secrets © 1952 Irv Weiner Studio of Magic, Boston
&
The Original Patriotic Cups and Colored Balls Routine Manu-secrets © Ca 1955 Irv Weiner's Studio of Magic, Boston
&
Impromptu No Nesting Cup and Ball Routine Manu-secrets © Ca 1975 Irv Weiner Studio of Magic, Boston
&
Three Ball Monte Manu-secrets © Ca 1980 Irv Weiner Studio of Magic, Boston

But I don't like these "Ca."
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
The problem I find is that a lot of these routines - especially in the 70's and earlier - were rather casually published without any publication dates on them. Moreover, few of them had any kind of Library of Congress or equivalent cataloging, nor any kind of copyright registration. Quite a number of them were just mimeographed affairs. Remember the old mimeograph machines? My, how far we've come.

What I have found though is that the magic periodicals were fairly diligent about reviewing new, noteworthy publications back in the 60s and 70s. That may be the best way to find an approximate date of publication......but it really is searching for a needle in the haystack unless there good indices to guide the way.

Thankfully, just about everything new these days has some kind of date stamp on it.

Fortasse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Bibliographical references on C&Bs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL