The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » L and L ebook sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
L&L has the following books on sale for $10.

The Collected Works of Alex Elmsley, Vol. 1
The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings (have it)
The Card Magic of Nick Trost (have it)
Simon Says! The Close-Up Magic of Simon Lovell
L.I.N.T. - Pocket Stuff for Close-Up Magicians
The Award-Winning Magic of John Cornelius
Spectacle (have it)
Bob Wagner's Master Notebook of Magic
Roger Klause In Concert
Card Finesse II

Looking for recommendations.
Lakewood, Ohio
JoeyC
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of JoeyC
The Jennings book is full of gems and is my favorite on the list. But since you have it, you will want some other choices. This morning I bought the Bob Wagner's Master Notebook of Magic ebook. The card index work was certainly worth more than the price of the book to me.

I am a big fan of Simon Says! The Close-Up Magic of Simon Lovell. I was a big fan of Sam the Bellhop but never considered doing a story deck trick of my own until I read Who Killed Lilly Longlegs? from the Lovell book. Simon's story is a little too eccentric for me but the book inspired me to come up with my own version. The man is brilliant. My second favorite from this book is Oily Snobs, Simon's version of Oil and Water. It is simple and direct. There are some other gems in this book as well but I am sure there are other reviews already on the Café that cover the book in depth. I highly recommend this book if you have a card magic addiction.

I have the L.I.N.T. book and who doesn't like the three ball trick? The version of the 3 ball trick in the book is called Chromo Balls and was the first version of the trick I performed. The trick uses different colored balls and gets great reactions.

I plan to buy the Magic of John Cornelius in the next few minutes. I read a review that said the Corneilus book might not be great if you are looking for tricks you would perform but the book is supposed to be a great lesson on thinking with originality. I have an old Corneilius videotape somewhere and he fried my brain with his version of Glorpy. I just never imagined his solution to the trick. I wish I could have half his insight and I am sure I will get a lot from the ebook.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Thanks. I am leaning toward Simon Says now...
Lakewood, Ohio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » L and L ebook sale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL