The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Reading MAGIC magazine online w/o an iPad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Just curious. Is possible to download a copy of MAGIC magazine and read it on your PC - and not with an iPad?

Cheers!

Joe
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Joe, not yet possible, no.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Stan Allen REALLY needs to get on the ball with this. I canceled my Magic subscription because I will not buy an iPad just to read this magazine. Genii can be read on PC, tablets, AND iPads.

It IS possible, but it seems Magic magazine chooses NOT to do it. A pity, but, c'est la vie.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Genii can do it because its digital version is just a glorified PDF with some video attachments. The digital version of MAGIC on the iPad is a true app, an immersive reading experience that seamlessly blends words, pictures and video (similar to what the Wall Street Journal has done with its version of the newspaper for iPad). Trust me, a PC version would not compare (just like Genii's digital version does not compare).
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Mernenkov,

It might not compare, but at least it would be AVAILABLE.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Yeah, I'm cancelling my Magic subscription too. Genii is just too great with digital subscription included - AND you have access to all the back-issues? No brainer.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Not to say Magic isn't great too though! I'm cancelling Magic because Genii has given me MORE than I can possibly read for one low price. Smile No sense in having both.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
I'm looking into getting a tablet and have an eye on the nexus 10. I looked into Magic magazine and they seem to offer a Kindle Fire app. I BELIEVE kindle apps run on any old 'droid (as kindle is just a skinned android) what do other, wiser heads think?
http://www.magicmagazine.com/digital/
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I don't believe that's the case, although you should try and get in touch with them. (it would be nice if a Magic rely stopped in here once in a while.)
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
I E-mailed Magic and yes you're right. This is their response
"Hi Dean,

We've gotten this question a few times, and the magazine is not available on any devices besides the iPad and Kindle Fire. Although the Fire hardware can be installed on other devices, our purchases must still go through the Kindle App store which can only be accessed from an actual Fire device, as I understand it.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for Smile I'm sorry!"

It's a shame, I actually prefer the writing in Magic, but I don't have the space for all the magazines and want to switch as much as I can over to digital.

My guess is they'll either come around or unfortunately become a casualty of the digital revolution. Hopefully the former though
itsupyoursleeve
View Profile
New user
Ingleton, UK
64 Posts

Profile of itsupyoursleeve
Is anyone else having problems reading Magic magazine on their ipad when not online? The magazine will not open unless I'm connected to the Internet for some reason.

Thanks
Paul
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Magic on the Ipad is done so much better than Geni though, as far as being able to jump around to sections. As far as the old versions of Geni online, forget it. Never was able to get that to work right or even find issues I wanted to read - that needs an overhaul - bad.....Still a great deal though to get the paperissue plus digital so kudos to Geni for that and I will continue to subscribe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Reading MAGIC magazine online w/o an iPad? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL