The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Haunted 2.0 by Mark Traversoni and Peter Eggink (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
On the websites I see Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition. Is there also a Haunted 2.0 Normal Edition, or is Haunted 2.0 the Extreme Edition of the original Haunted?

Rich
germanmagician
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of germanmagician
Quote:
On 2012-12-05 11:58, sgtgrey wrote:
I just got mine the other day. Nikki's review is spot on. I own Haunted 1.0 and 2.0, and I felt 2.0 was a vast improvement in the animation for slow/creeping animation. It just works perfectly "out of the box" as advertised. The only thing I've been struggling with is to get a proper delay before the haunting begins. Currently, when I use the gimmick, it works similar to David Jade's static in that the haunting begins as soon as I let go of the deck. I didn't have this problem working with 1.0, but I'm not sure why it's happening with 2.0.

That said, however, the animation is amazing and I couldn't be more pleased. If I had to give a rating, 9/10 now and it would be a 10/10 if I could figure out how to get a delay before the haunting. Maybe someone who owns it or Mark could PM me some tips here?

??? I don't understand, sorry Sir.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
You do understand, as we already spoke about it in the last thread. I had a delay issue at first with 2.0 because I went into working with it before doing the proper "breaking in" of the gimmick. Later, you notice Mark had solved the issue for me and it works great, 10/10. Certainly better than 1.0, and imo, better than Rasmus Haunted deck. Smile
Out of all 3, I'd choose haunted 2.0.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Kudos to Janet and the service at Paul Harris Presents. I was missing the first version of Haunted in my order and just got an email that a package is on the way. Great product and great service.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Second that. Janet offered me the same. But I ordered from peter-eggink.com so I contacted Peter and he'll send me the missing dvd. Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have released a tips sheet for Haunted 2.0 which those that have purchased from us will have recieved, but if your dealer has not sent you one please contact me and I will email it to you.

Merry Christmas
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 17:12, r99h wrote:
On the websites I see Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition. Is there also a Haunted 2.0 Normal Edition, or is Haunted 2.0 the Extreme Edition of the original Haunted?

Rich

Anybody know? I want to be sure that I get the correct and best product as and when I order...

Happy Christmas everyone!

Rich
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 09:46, r99h wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 17:12, r99h wrote:

Rich

Anybody know? I want to be sure that I get the correct and best product as and when I order...

Happy Christmas everyone!

Rich

Hi

This is where you can get the new version

http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-......oni.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Many posts and comments on here have been concerned as to whether Haunted 2.0 is better than the first version, more reliable, easy to do etc.

There have been many glowing reviews and comments

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7793717

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&0

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7779563

But for those who are still cautious, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. For the next 2 weeks anyone buying Haunted 2.0 from http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk gets a 100% no-questions-asked money back guarantee.

If you are not happy that Haunted 2.0 delivers exactly as promised on the demo, and lives up to your highest expectations, then you only need to drop the gaffs and refill stuff into a normal envelope, stick on a stamp and mail it back to me. You can keep the dvds and case. I'll then refund back to you the total purchase price. I Don't expect many will be returned as this is a truly great improvement and suspect most of you will share my view that this is now the best Haunted deck available.

To order yours now click here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-......oni.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 06:58, themagiczone wrote:
Many posts and comments on here have been concerned as to whether Haunted 2.0 is better than the first version, more reliable, easy to do etc.

There have been many glowing reviews and comments

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7793717

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&0

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7779563

But for those who are still cautious, I'm putting my money where my mouth is. For the next 2 weeks anyone buying Haunted 2.0 from http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk gets a 100% no-questions-asked money back guarantee.

If you are not happy that Haunted 2.0 delivers exactly as promised on the demo, and lives up to your highest expectations, then you only need to drop the gaffs and refill stuff into a normal envelope, stick on a stamp and mail it back to me. You can keep the dvds and case. I'll then refund back to you the total purchase price. I Don't expect many will be returned as this is a truly great improvement and suspect most of you will share my view that this is now the best Haunted deck available.

To order yours now click here http://www.paulharrispresents.co.uk/new-......oni.html

That's a very kind and fair offer. Thank you.

I don't want to labour this point, and certainly no criticism is meant by my asking, but can you tell me whether there is more than one edition of Haunted 2.0 or whether Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition is the only edition? I ask this purely as a potential customer who is confused by the wording used. (I admit it's not that important, but since I've asked the question, I thought I'd ask again...)

Rich
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Ha ha ... as an Asian purchaser how can I say "no" when there is a 100% no question asked guarantee and a free worldwide shipping offered by HP?

I can't wait to have my first Haunted Deck without lxxp.

Surely, I will pen down my thoughts and experiences with the Asians after I have performed it.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
I'm thinking of using Haunted 2.0 in side my "Haunted" deans box. Once with the door closed and then repeat it with the door open so the animation is visible. If someone could advise me if this would this be possible with Haunted 2.0 I would really appreciate it?

Also I was thinking of using these cards for the above effect http://www.afterworldmagic.com/product/the-ouija-deck/

Would the gimmick damage the cards at all?

Many thanks in advance
♠Sylar♠
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of ♠Sylar♠
Hi Pompey2L.A. ,

You can use it with Dean's Box and using the ouija deck won't damage the deck but you will have to use one or two cards for the gimmick ( depends which one you go for )

Sylar
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Hi sylar,

Sent you a pm mate.
Nikki78
View Profile
Special user
I impaled Dracula with
511 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 19:24, r99h wrote:

I don't want to labour this point, and certainly no criticism is meant by my asking, but can you tell me whether there is more than one edition of Haunted 2.0 or whether Haunted 2.0 Extreme Edition is the only edition? I ask this purely as a potential customer who is confused by the wording used. (I admit it's not that important, but since I've asked the question, I thought I'd ask again...)

Rich

Hi Rich,

just check the Paul Harris site: Extrem Edition is just the subtitel.
There's only one 2.0 version on the market.

Cheers

Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Vanderballs
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Vanderballs
Quote:
Also I was thinking of using these cards for the above effect http://www.afterworldmagic.com/product/the-ouija-deck/

It's look extremely likely that I'll be releasing a set of gaffed cards for the Ouija Deck in the very near future. A few double backs, double facers, blank facers - that kind of thing. If you don't want to damage your deck, or lose cards from it (I appreciate it's not the cheapest deck in the world!) then this'll probably be of use to you. If you're on the Afterworld mailing list, you'll get advance notice about their release.

Oh and thanks for wanting to use them for this effect!!
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
Followed the instructions, works perfectly, great buy!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
On 2013-01-11 01:28, Nikki78 wrote:
Hi Rich,

just check the Paul Harris site: Extrem Edition is just the subtitel.
There's only one 2.0 version on the market.

Cheers

Nikki

Thanks for the clarification, Nikki. I'll be getting this in the next week or two.

Cheers

Rich
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I perfomed this at a show for the first time last night and it went over extremely well. I followed "Ghost Tag" with it. I used the in the box clean up supplied on the video and then went into some other card effects after some urging by the pub table. No one suspected the g**f left in the box.

I like the effect and it suits my style. I did not have the older version but this one works well for me.

My .02
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As we have two Haunted 2.0 threads going I thought it was worth quoting this from the other one, I am so pleased this is being well received, it really is a real "worker".

Thank you for all the positve comments.

Quote:
On 2013-01-21 00:33, Ustaad wrote:
My thoughts on Haunted 2.0

About 20 days back, I finally took the plunge and got (traded) Mark Traversoni & Peter Eggink's 'Haunted 2.0' at the Café's Buy-n-Sell section.

When Peter Eggink's 'Haunted' was released I was very unhappy with the unreliable working of the effect. We were served with a highly hyped & half-baked effect. I had no choice but to let loose my frustration and I thrashed the effect. Then came in Rasmus with his 'Haunted'.

Rasmus' 'Haunted' was basically (IMO) an improvement to Eggink's 'Haunted' which was much more reliable in its working and later the effect was updated & made almost perfect by changing the type of stick used. I was very happy with Rasmus' 'Haunted' and this became my real world performance (almost hands-off) effect. Rasmus was very kind to give the updated version for free.

Then later, sometimes during Aug 2012, Eggink & Travesoni returned with their improvement to Haunted and named the effect 'Haunted 2.0'. However, sadly the producers released 'Haunted 2.0' as a fresh release. I (as well as many others those who has purchased 'Haunted') was quite disappointed as we all thought that 'Hanted 2.0' was nothing more than a slight improvement done to the original 'Haunted'. Thus the producers should have given Haunted 2.0 as a free update (as Rasmus did). But that was not the case and I voiced my concern on this as well. My utmost concern was that for the same effect released by the same producer, I had to dish out another $35 or so thus making this one single effect cost me $70. The producers paid no heed to our bickering and no consideration (discount) was given to the original purchasers of 'Haunted', thus further adding to our frustration.

I then decided to wait-n-watch to see how well this revised effect was received & reviewed (an honest review) by others who took the plunge and purchased haunted 2.0. After reading the reviews here on the Café and talking to a few friends I decided to purchase the effect but not at the retail price and went in for a trade at the Café’s Buy-n-Sell.

After playing with Haunted 2.0 and doing some real world performances I fully agree with the HONEST opinion of Sgtgrey, and I quote:-

Quote:
On 2012-12-22 11:48, sgtgrey wrote:

* To be straightforward: I liked the idea of Haunted 1.0, but it was something I actually already had played with, and had originally been working a version that is the Rasmus haunted deck (well before Rasmus released it, in fact). It was something of my own independent thinking. When I saw haunted 1.0, I noticed slightly different animation from my own and was interested, but upon trying it out, I was a little frustrated with how it was working.

* Then comes Haunted 2.0. I balked at first, not wanting to give it another chance, but then I caved in and decided "why not?" I cannot be more glad that I did. This is not just a repackaged effect. Haunted 2.0 is, imo, a complete overhaul of the gimmick for the Haunted effect. It worked perfectly out of the box after a little "training" and has been working great ever since (yes, every time, perfect animation. It spooks me out how well this works). Making my own gimmicks will be easy and they supply you with the materials needed and a VERY thorough step-by-step instruction of the gimmick construction on the DVD. Also on the DVD are some other performance ideas, some which are just completely awesome and make the loading of the card even more natural than before.

* Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with Haunted 2.0. I wish I hadn't purchased 1.0, personally, but 2.0 was definitely worth my while. Hope this helps.

I can now undoubtedly say that the creators (especilaly Mark Travesoni) has gone into and put in a lot of thoughts and fresh ideas in improving the working of Haunted and thus making Haunted 2.0 a fool-proof real world effect.

As on date, 'Haunted 2.0' is the BEST hands-off effect that surpasses all the previous versions released thus far. IMHO, I don't think one can further improve (of course, in MAGIC there is no effect that can't be improved upon Smile) the working of the effect. As on date 'Haunted 2.0' is THEE perfect hands-off commercial effect.

I would highly recommend to those who are still thinking or are on the fence of purchasing the effect, may please do so now and I assure that you will be happy that you took the right decision.

Just my opinion on 'Haunted 2.0'.

Smile
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Haunted 2.0 by Mark Traversoni and Peter Eggink (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL