The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Derren Brown Tricks? Psypher Similar tricks? BEST MENTALIST TRICK!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
I currently used Psypher the other day 3 times for different sessions and the reactions were great.

1 person at the end did ask me if I could do the trick without adding a sticky note behind the actual pack of cards, and I just said yes to him.

So there are some ways it can be improved.

But I am now getting into Mentalism. Does anyone know any good:

1) Derren brown tricks I could possibly buy?
2) Any tricks which may have a similar / cool effect like Psypher?
3) Your best mentalist tricks (Im into tricks which read what someone else is writing/has written) etc..
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Ask in "Penny for your thoughts" section.
Stevie Tricker
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Stevie Tricker
I wouldn't be expecting Derren to release anything that he does at the moment. His books and videos while great focus more on effect and presentation rather than specific tricks, the ones that are covered are from his old close up repertoire.

Colin McLeod's Opening Minds is a great mentalism resource with a few Derren-esque effects but it's a 4 dvd set so might be a jumping in at the deep end, its very thorough includes Book(less) tests, lotto predictions and a completely hands off ACAAN.

You might want to check out Jose Prager's work, he has individual effects available for reasonable prices.

Im having fun doing Duplo at the moment, it's a drawing duplication where you get the spectator to draw a simple picture on a business card or post-it note with your back turned. They then place it your hands (back still turned) you turn round to face them and tell them what they've drawn.

(There is one other thing that you have to do but I risk exposure if I mention it; its very subtle and easily built into the presentation.)

His Liebrary ebook test for smartphone's is also worth a look to and allows the spectator to select from 7 books.

His website Mindshocks is currently under conversion to ementalism but a few places carry his effects.
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
THANKS.

Anyone else? Suggestions?
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On 2012-11-25 14:24, drigerbest wrote:
THANKS.

Anyone else? Suggestions?

Yes....ask in Penny for your thoughts, that's where the mentalists hang out! Other than that Luke Jermay has some DVD's and has worked with Derren/Dynamo so worth a look.

Danny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Derren Brown Tricks? Psypher Similar tricks? BEST MENTALIST TRICK!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL