The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1099 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I know that this is no longer available but I've never seen the routine & was a little surprised that there isn't one clip of it being performed anywhere on the net!

Is there a reason for this? I'm a big fan of 3 Fly & Coins Across & would like to see a performance of it.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There are some performances on Youtube...but they may not appear by searching U3F or 3 Fly or Lassen, etc.... One in particular that I remember didn't have any of those search terms because the guy performing it was not doing a magic performance but more of a business lecture (? - memory is fuzzy) that used the effect to illustrate.

Search those terms at the Café and you may come up with a link or two that someone has posted.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ooops, double post.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Here's a video of Eric Mead performing U3F. The performance starts at 5:45 into the video. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg0AoCXxwBs
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1099 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Thank you guys. That was a nice performance. Now, where can I get one of those cocktail shakers?
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The card trick with the cocktail shaker is by Steve Bedwell and is called Shake Shuffle and Twist. Although Steve doesn't use a shaker, he uses 2 empty Ramen noodle cups. Eric's kicker pouring the drink is very nice.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
U3F can be done just as well using a TUC Eisenhower dollar coin. I have U3F but actually rather use the TUC coin. So if handing out the coins in the beginning isn't necessary to you, get the TUC coin and save a lot of money.

Rick
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Super triple coin in eisenhower dollar also accomplishes the same thing for a fraction of the cost as well.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
Magnetic slippery sam allow a smooth 3 fly, with a visual effect not so far from what you get with U3F.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of webtech
Here is the video performance of Bob Kohler's U3F which I believe you are looking for...
http://youtu.be/nso32B8cxIA
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
That looked awesome....I liked it. Thanks webtech
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6944 Posts

Profile of bowers
It sure did..
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4759 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I sure hope to be that good one day Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
751 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On 2012-12-17 19:45, Jedo wrote:
Magnetic slippery sam allow a smooth 3 fly, with a visual effect not so far from what you get with U3F.

Hmm, I always thought the U3F gaff WAS a magnetic slippery sam. Can anyone clarify the difference between these gaffs, if any?
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
949 Posts

Profile of shakuni
U3F doesn't have a magnetic [. It has a locking slippery [.
webtech
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of webtech
Quote:
On 2012-12-23 22:51, Trooper11040 wrote:
That looked awesome....I liked it. Thanks webtech
No problem. I have the U3F with the VHS tape. I converted to tape digitally. I have seen lots of people asking for the performance vid. Who uses a VCR anymore? Smile
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
949 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@webtech

Sent you a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » U3F (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL