The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Stockman's Impossible Envelope... book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
On the 2010 DVD, Paul mentions that a book will be coming out with thoughts from other performers on using his envelope system. Any idea if that ever came to pass?

On a related note, after a couple of years, is anyone out there still using the Impossible Envelope? I don't see much mentioned about it anymore.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
It's not currently in my act, but it has been and I do rotate and reinvent things all the time so there is every chance that it will be making an appearance again.

The thing is that it is a tool rather than a complete routine and so if I invent a whole new routine and what a way of revealing a prediction then that one of several answers to the problem.

I'm a firm believer in not trying to reinvent the wheel and whilst a routine and idea will be something all new and shiny, the things behind it are usually as old as the hills.

As for the book: I personally haven't heard anything about it being released but then I don't know everything that escapes.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
If you liked that and while waiting you may find Alvo Stockman´s Post Mentalism worth a look.
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
I understand that Paul got side-tracked with the release of the book, too many other projects came rushing in. No doubt he will release it in the future.

The IE is a great effect!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Do you use the IE? If so, what effect have you created to use with it? Or do you do something similar to the effect taught in the DVD? I consider it more of a utility than an effect. One of the reasons I haven't worked it up yet, is because I haven't created the right effect for it yet. But now I'm getting closer.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Does anyone know if this book ever got released?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, Bob_Hummer wrote:
Does anyone know if this book ever got released?

No, not to my knowledge.

In fact I haven't heard much about Paul, these days. Is he still performing?
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9510 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
After the scandal he's seems to have disappeared.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Stockman's Impossible Envelope... book? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL