We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » My first braided bill! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
You know how nice it is the first time you try something and it really *works*? Like the first time you get your perfect faro to mesh perfectly, after trying it so many times, and fouling up, or just being *one* off...

Well, I made my first braided bill, thanks to Robert Neale and his booklet/DVD "Impossi-Bill Braid":

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/front1g.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/back1r.jpg/

I'd read the procedure in "Folding Money Fooling" but had trouble following it. The DVD really helped!

Mr. Neale suggests trying at first with a larger piece of paper with the same proportions as a US bill. The first time I did this, and pulled and pushed and tugged and pulled (in the third step) only to find everything fall into place - it was like "I can't believe this actually worked! What did I just do? And can I do it again?" Of course, I couldn't, not for a few more tries. But that's the way these things go.

I just had to share my little triumph. -)

Larry S.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
CONGRATULATIONS!

I love the Impossi-bill Braid. I figured it out from the photo in Magic Magazine. I would have saved a lot of time if I had bought the DVD but I wanted the challenge.

Looks great. You'll have a stack of 'em before long just because they are fun to do.

I was going for time for a while. Once I got a 1min. 5 sec. but mostly I'm very happy to get anything under 1 min 20 sec.
That includes z fold, cut and weave. Now if I can think of a reason to do such a thing I'll be sitting pretty.

Still, if I don't do it for a while I can forget the last 3 steps so stay on top of it.

$ Bills are easier to practice on, better paper. Just tape em up and spend 'em when they are too ratty.

-Mary Mowder
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
You have me thinking now I've seen a picture...very pretty...I might try them with myself and then with folk in the geometry classes I teach...Pretty cool for learning geometry in upper primary...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » My first braided bill! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL