The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cthulhu/Lovecraft Readings Help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Hello. I was wondering if anyone may have some sources for using H.P. Lovecraft's mythos for readings. I have searched and have only found a few snippets and references to the Lovecraft tarot(now OOP). I would also love to here any ones own thoughts also. thank you to all in advance.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I guess it depends how deep you want to go.

Superficially, I think you could take the key terms and develop a general matrix by attributing to them some classical divinatory meanings. If you want to go deeper, into the darker places of real magic, there is a lot of literature from the Typhonian traditions of magick on utlizing Lovecraft's Mythos for ceremony and divination. Kenneth Grant's books would be a great place to start.

I would prefer the first method, it would creatively enjoyable, and Lovecraftian Magicians (the spiritual kind) make me roll my eyes (though I do enjoy reading Grant).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cthulhu/Lovecraft Readings Help. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL