The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Even Fox acknowledges Global Warming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 08:49, Slide wrote:
"Perhaps more people will believe there's a crisis when the people who are telling them there's a crisis start acting like there's a crisis."

?? What does that mean?

It means that there's no better way to convince people of something than by having your actions match your words.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"It means that there's no better way to convince people of something than by having your actions match your words."

Yeah...I got that. My question was who are you saying is saying there is a crises but not acting like there is a crises.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"I think the point is that one of FOX's most outspoken global warming skeptics has, in the face of incontrovertible evidence, finally admitted that the phenomenon is real."

Does anyone on this list besides Bob have any brains at all or do you just parrot back what other people have told you.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
\\_ \\
(') \\_
shh / )=.---(')
o( )o( )_-\_
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Turn 3rd world countries into 1st world countries and the population problem solved itself.
Some first world countries actually fund having babies because so few are willing to put there career on hold to have them
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 16:23, Slide wrote:
"I think the point is that one of FOX's most outspoken global warming skeptics has, in the face of incontrovertible evidence, finally admitted that the phenomenon is real."

Does anyone on this list besides Bob have any brains at all or do you just parrot back what other people have told you.

I think most people got it. But there is always a few!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Next you will be telling me that FOX news believes that the earth is round, when we all already know that the earth is square with the exception of Holland, Colorado, and Washington state. They know very well that their part of the earth is not square at all. I'd love to chat more guys, but it's time for me to go make the kiddies laugh.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 16:23, Slide wrote:

You missed the Pat Robertson story?

Next up - the social and energy costs of making a first world country out of a third world country. Magical thinking at its best?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, it was pretty surprising to see Pat Roberson have a rare rational moment when he acknowledged that the earth was indeed as old as science has determined it to be. But that moment of clarity happened on the 700 Club, not FOX news.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Getting one's cup filled with righteous affirmations is what it is...
Does it matter what nozzle one picks from the soda fountain of infotainment?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Global warming and Global Freezing are natural cycles of the earth, look at history.
Dennis Michael
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well that's close but no. It's actually: Once upon a time there were two bunnies.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 06:49, Dennis Michael wrote:
Global warming and Global Freezing are natural cycles of the earth, look at history.

I believe that is what scientists do - and then they look at the current situation and what has changed, and is changing.

Or would you have us stop history at some point?

Before people sailed off the edge of the planet, or after?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
History of the Green Movement:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/env......y/10477/

Tricky Dicky and how the P word got dropped.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm with Dennis the earth is square.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I'm just remembering my confusion as a youngster.

At school, our teacher, who I trusted and believed, showed us pictures of the dinosaurs that she said had once roamed the planet.

At Sunday School, our Minister, who I trusted and believed, told us dinosaurs were the invention of evil, godless scientists, intent on poisoning young minds and leading them straight to the fires of hell.

Rather than choose between the two, I decided to remain undecided, and leave the question of whether dinosaurs roamed Earth in the past, to my future.

My minister was a good man, but he was wrong.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 17:32, Al Angello wrote:
Next you will be telling me that FOX news believes that the earth is round, when we all already know that the earth is square with the exception of Holland, Colorado, and Washington state. They know very well that their part of the earth is not square at all. I'd love to chat more guys, but it's time for me to go make the kiddies laugh.

Per federal law, marijuana is still illegal in those states. You have all of the then-Court's liberal justices to thank for even medical marijuana being illegal everywhere (and Scalia). The conservative Justices (led by Clarence Thomas and including Rehnquist) argued strenuously for legal medical marijuana. Didn't know if you'd noticed that during all of you pro-pot, anti-conservative exhortations.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 06:49, Dennis Michael wrote:

Birth and death are natural cycles of the earth. Why do anything about asbestos, radiation, lead...?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Even Fox acknowledges Global Warming (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL