The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Matrix 3- Revolutions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I just got back from seeing this film and I must say it was very, very good! I thought it was, way better than the 2nd one, but not as good as the first one. The movie had a lot of good action scenes and special effects. I think the Wachoski brothers did a good job on ending the Matrix series.
Overall= 3/4.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Made the mistake of seeing the first one. Had friends talk me into seeing the second one. Wild horses couldn't drag me to see the final one.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
I agree, Payne. However, I enjoyed the 1st one, but hated the 2nd. All my friends are discussing it, and saying "yeah, but after you've seen it 6 times, you'll see at this part Neo does this...." or "says this"....

Any movie I have to see 6 times to understand what the heck is going on, isn't worth going to see, in my opinion. Smile
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Try reading "Simulacra and Simulation" by Baudrillard(the book the brothers based part of the story on). I read through it slowly and still don't get it.

I liked the three films, the first was definately the best though.

Jason
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I saw all three and really like them! (Keanu Reeves I like even more now!) There's so much to these movies, you can't just look at them on the surface. I can honestly say I actually learned from watching them.

Anabelle Smile
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
The third film is a disaster in every sense. The first was incredible. The second I hated at first for having thought that very little occured throughout the film. However, having read the hidden meaning on http://www.matrix-explained.com about Reloaded, it began to seriously grow on me, and in fact I rate it higher than the first.

But the third is horrible. It's simply an action flick. No real storyline, predictable ending, and animated and poorly thought out fight sequences. I was very upset when I walked out of the theatre.
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
I've just seen the final chapter, its better than the 2nd one but I still feel disappointed. IMO the 2nd and 3rd film accomplish nothing but milking our cash.... Not that I hate the films, but the sequels didn't deliever the promise as the first film.
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
I really enjoyed the last one and wasnt expecting anything more as a finale.

Cool Stuff! Smile
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I'm sorry, but the third one's ending was a completely idiotic thing. There are a billion ways to end it without being as stupid as their ending was.

The third movie was suppose to give answers, the only answer it gave was that Neo's power came from the "source", nothing more and nothing less... that is the reason many don't like the movie, me included.

I really hate it when someone creates a reality that people care about, and then completly lets them down by saying "you have to find the answers yourself" or just leaves it hanging, which is what they did... I Knew the movie was going to disappoint me, but man is it REALLY disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I was not going in looking for action, I am VERY well versed in the Matrix, down to its gnostic religious roots and the whole "humans have free will but never use it" theme of the oracle..... How we never understand choices before we make them, only create reasons after we go with our gut instinct, which isn't free will, even though we have that....

Anyway I was a BIG fan of the whole idea and all the movies, but I really think the third movie was a let down as far as answers go.
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
Hi,

It answered all my questions, I remember I did have some more questions after the third movie, however with discussion with some of my friends that I saw it with, we made sense out of everything we saw.

Maybe you can post some of the questions here.

Cheers,

Yousif
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
I seen the first one and thought it was one of the greatest movies ever... but like morons they created and second one explaining things that never needed to be explained. The second was horrible.. no story and horrible fighting, neo looked like playdough the whole movie. The third one I will not waste my time or money to see. I heard it was a bit beter then the 2nd which means it was probably **** instead of horrible.
that's my 2 cents.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
About the third film... did the writers dare take the idea of programs/archetypes/free will and suggest that the matrix exists in each of our minds and it is up to each of us individually to live by our beliefs and choices?

??

I'm hoping he wakes up in his Bill&Ted guise and does one of those 'whoa I just had the most bogus dream' * bob newhart show * type endings.

Dude, where's my philosophy?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
Difficult to answer as the storyline went completely out of the window and action took over. Even worse, the action was TERRIBLE! Hours of animated models jumping around blowing each other up and the end fight was the worst out of the whole triology.

I feel so disappointed and angry that the revolutions was made for those looking for action, and not for those who the matrix was originally designed for.
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
The matrix was so great as a story then they ruined the story with 2 and 3. I agree with mike stevenson. I would be embarassed if I were those writers.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
I could be wrong, but I heard somewhere that the writers of the Matrix used to be comic book authors?

If that is true then we are looking at just another super hero movie with a very creative twist. He's a super-hacker with powers that come from some mystic Source... and he doesn't wear tights. Its a little bit more mature than X-Men, but not much.

Perhaps The Matrix was the misleading movie? Maybe it gave us all the wrong impression about everything.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Decker,
You are right. The Wachoski brothers used to write for comic books. that's why the Matrix series looks like a bunch of comic books put together!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Good or Bad this Film will make Mega Bucks
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Saw it today. My wife enjoyed it. I thought it was slow and cumbersome. Liked the first film a lot, second was okay, third was a disappointing end to the series.
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
I think it is screaming out for a matrix four. The last thing you see of Neo is obviously setting up a sequel.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
If any of you have been following interviews of the cast members you can pretty much bet that they are going to make another one. Every person says the same thing "well I don't know but we'll see!" They pretty much gave it away in Revolutions that a 4th will come to us soon.

I saw the movie last night and thought it was great. 1st was the best 2nd was ok and 3rd waqs good (although 3rd might be a winner because Monica Bellucci is a cutie).

Anyway I have a few theories of why people either liked, loved, or hated this one.

1. The 1st was such a great movie but when the second one came out it was a real dissapointment, because of this we all expected a huge incredible climax that would be even better then the first but the third didn't meet expectations so it let people down.

2. Like Macguyver said he followed all the hidden meanings with the religious symbols and what not, people are taking the movies to literal and not enjoying them as strictly entertainment.

3. Because the 2nd one was so such a dissapointment they went to see the 3rd with few high hopes and low expectations, in essence they saw the finale with a bad taste in their mouth and it stayed there no matter how good the movie is, they can't shake the 2nd one off.

4. People expected to find deeper meanings after the 2nd and all they got was a kick butt action movie in the 3rd.

5. I could be completely disillusioned and it was the wqorst movie ever made. The writers should be shoot for such an atrocity.

6. People just enjoyed it for the entertainment and action!

Whatever the case these are just a few theories. Whether I am right or wrong I think it pretty much describes almost ever persons reaction.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Matrix 3- Revolutions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL