The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Yann Frisch Poker Chip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Believing
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Believing
Hello,

Came across this video of Yann Frisch with a poker chip. Here it is!

http://vimeo.com/31034609
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
That guy is amazing. Saw his great cup routine at FFFF in 2011.

Mark
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
127 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
A very talented guy. I met him at the FISM Europe championship in Blackpool. His routine was great.
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Getting into Slydini's magic with your own moves and style requires either maturation time or a strong personality. Adding a J.W. Grip betrays a creative mind. Getting from a poker chip (cheap plastic) to a sterling silver coin (bringing magically value towards the audience) requires an understanding of (silent) script and dramatic structure (still avoiding magical props like jumbo coins)

Real mastery

:applause:
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
His magic demonstrates that acting ability and timing can be powerful weapons.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Definitely Slydini's basic work, plus.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JonnyLawrence
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
4 Posts

Profile of JonnyLawrence
Really fantastic!
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I like his use of pantomime. This is what I have been saying for a while. If you use pantomime correctly, it really can fool people. Even magicians.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Wow!
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I have seen this guy up on stage and was really impressed, and now I get to see him up close and even more impressed. Really cool stuff! Smile
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 12:47, mtpascoe wrote:
I like his use of pantomime. This is what I have been saying for a while. If you use pantomime correctly, it really can fool people. Even magicians.

"Pantomime" is broad British Christmas show humor aimed at children and their parents.

I suspect you actually mean "Mime".
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8428 Posts

Profile of Mb217
He is quite amazing. I personally don't see how you can be any much better than this as to magic. He is the complete package and most uniquely so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsY7fqfKwAk
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Distracted-Artist
View Profile
New user
UK
95 Posts

Profile of Distracted-Artist
I'm a bit late to the party with this video but it is so great that it has sparked an interest in coin magic for me ( I'm more into cards and a complete novice with coins). Does anyone know what the sleight is at the start where the chip appears at his fingertips, very magical looking. Is it published anywhere ?

Thanks

Jon
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
98 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
I met Yann few months back in Finland and asked him about this routine. He told me that it was just something that he did for the camera (when asked) and it was almost all improvised. It made this even more fantastic Smile
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Quote:

100% agree

Great performance
Believing
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Believing
Quote:
On 2013-05-15 08:04, mrnovember wrote:
I'm a bit late to the party with this video but it is so great that it has sparked an interest in coin magic for me ( I'm more into cards and a complete novice with coins). Does anyone know what the sleight is at the start where the chip appears at his fingertips, very magical looking. Is it published anywhere ?

Thanks

Jon

I'm also interested. Could anyone point us to a source? Thank you so much.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I like his use of acting and how he slowly... very slowly builds up the tension and then releases it to reveal the coin to be vanished.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24218 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, the use of "pantomime" as a form of children's entertainment during the Christmas season is uniquely British. In the US, this particular usage is about the fourth or fifth one in a fairly decent dictionary.

Quote:
On 2013-01-26 11:43, Artie Fufkin wrote:
Quote:

"Pantomime" is broad British Christmas show humor aimed at children and their parents.

I suspect you actually mean "Mime".
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
TonyRush
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of TonyRush
I’m late to the game on this but I’m just so delighted by this video.

I have to say that the production has me stumped, though. Can anyone point to a source for the initial grip/production?

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Yann Frisch Poker Chip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL