The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2012 entrée: Rocco Silano » » D'Lite? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3742 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Rocco,

Perhaps you could share with us the origin of the now classic D'Lite gimmick? How was this invented? What were your initial thoughts on using it, etc?

Thanks Rocco! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5282 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have got to second that thought as D'Lite is and has been a favorite of mine for several years. A friend of mine used to work at a magic shop in the Mall of America and he would demo them in the store. I would yell from across the hall to toss me a light and work the crowd a bit then toss it back to him. Needless to say - He sold a ton of them that way.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Rocco
View Profile
V.I.P.
24 Posts

Profile of Rocco
When I was working on my cigarette act, Roger Mayfarth suggested the idea of a light in a thumbtip in order to simulate removing the ember from the cigarette. We worked it into the routine and it worked great, many effects evolved from there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2012 entrée: Rocco Silano » » D'Lite? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL