The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SM Acid Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
It took me a few years before I was comfortable with the use of my Spiritus setup in our haunted attraction, primarily because our Gypsy area was an outdoor location and there were no real viable indoor locations at the time. This year, we opened an attraction that was 100% indoors and our Gypsy room was a highlight from both visual and presentational perspectives. Each of the six (maybe more) cast members enjoyed working with the prop and had no problems. By the end of the season, they were getting the planchette to flip, make the board say both "yes" and "no" and were able to incorporate other props (Spiritus-specific and otherwise) into their routines.

Most importantly, the main bank of batteries is still going strong, and I only changed the high-drain pack twice over the course of 17 shows where the board was used twice every 3 minutes for several hours at a time (not including extensive practice and in-between honing time)!

When I order or commission props, they have to last a "performance lifetime" a couple of times over for one season of use. This is only the second time that we have not had to rely upon backups or alternative methods because of issues with the primary prop due to use/wear for such a precision prop.

Those who are already in the Outlaw fold know that the props are durable, and I can now attest as to how durable they actually are. Those who are thinking about the investment should know that it is well worth the money and time to own such great-looking, quality, reliable props.

Chris Handa
Magic Director
Castle Blood
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
638 Posts

Profile of brehan
I think a sm acid test is a Great idea!
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
I second that. I just got Outlaw Effect's WA; its a really believable-looking old book and cards. Its very well crafted. I haven't practised enough to perform it yet, clearly the effect is going to be stunning. I was considering ordering the Spiritus when I saw this post. Chris, thanks for the endorsement.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SM Acid Test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL