The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Before you ever knew about card flourishes.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
Before you ever knew about card flourishes, what was the first flourish you saw on t.v or wherever you saw it done and started to practice it. Smile
dai_vernon
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of dai_vernon
Card Spring
flourishczar
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of flourishczar
Card fan....not very monumental. I can remember seeing a worker in a target store doing a faro shuffle in one of the isles when I was on my way to get cards. I thought it was the neatest thing, I only can shake my own head now (in shame)
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Charlier Cut
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Z cut
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I think also the Charlier Cut. I remember a friend of my older brother could do it and I thought he must be a card shark!

I also a have a very vague recollection of another flourish which I mentioned sometime ago but never got any further information - but I'll mention it again just in case someone new is reading this. It was on the Paul Daniels Magic Show (in the UK) and he had a pack of cards which he threw across the table and they did a turn over AS THEY WERE SLIDING ACROSS THE TABLE.

This is my recollection of the flourish but as I have never seen or heard anything like it since I am begining to doubt my own memory!
Mark
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
When I was a kid I saw a card spring, it was the coolest thing... until I saw a fan which was the coolest thing, until I saw a one handed cut which was the coolest...
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
sc24evr
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sc24evr
The flourish the drove me to learn magic and flourishes was the one handed in hands riffle shuffle. I saw it in a movie and it drove me mad!
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
To be one hundred percent honest, as a young boy the first flourish I was exposed to was the simple ordinary bridge. Remember how cool it was to see your parents or other adults play cards and after a riffle shuffle, they would do that fancy move!

The glamour, the style, the noise! What kid didn't want to emulate that. Now, of course, we don't think of it as anything, but to be honest, in it's day, man that was something!
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
Hermiston, Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
The Bridge after a riffle shuffle? I used to think that it was the neastest thing! Even up until a year or so ago I thought anyone that could pull it off nicely was pretty good with cards; I couldn't do the bridge to save my life (and I still can't do it consistently Smile ).
Dallen
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
58 Posts

Profile of Dallen
Hmm.. I think the first card flourish I've ever seen was springing the cards from hand to hand. I think it was on Looney Tunes. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Before you ever knew about card flourishes.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL