The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long-time reader FINALLY joins as a bona fide member. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Marcus
View Profile
New user
3,375.97 miles outside of Paris, France.
81 Posts

Profile of David Marcus
Greetings.

Dave Marcus here. I've been reading anonymously for a few years and it occurred to me that's not fair - to be a taker and not give back. Or at least not let you all know I'm taking from you.

What I took was advice, encouragement (through observation), and entertainment. I've laughed with you, shed tears with some of you, learned from you, and even argued with you. Although I wonder if that sounded silly to my neighbors.

I hope this isn't too long. Just stop when you get bored. The second paragraph from here is probably the most interesting anyway.

I spent 22 years as an engineer, technical writer, and corporate educator/trainer. Then it was onto 10 years as a substitute teacher in high school college and adult extension. Not being able to retire (it was boring), it's an entertainer's life for me. I spent many years during my "working" life as a part-time entertainer anyway so it seemed a natural way to go.

Most of it was music. In the 70s I was a bass player in a (what is now called "classic") rock band, playing some originals but most covers of Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, etc. Fortunately I was a good enough engineer that the bosses put up with the hair down my back and my picture on posters where we took corporate visitors for meals. In the 80s I went acoustic, and in the 90s it was bluegrass. Along the way I learned guitar, mandolin, harmonica, Dobro®, and banjo.

With the turn of the century I turned to storytelling, and then magic. I've done some corporate magic shows but I love kids and old folks. So now about half of my shows are for those groups. By keeping up with my contacts in the school systems, I was able to develop a few pretty good school assembly programs. I put a lot of concentration there now because, as a few of you know, schools are in need of GOOD, SUPPORTIVE assemblies.

I say all that not to brag. Bragging here is senseless with all the great talent and experience among you all. I tell simply so you know who I am and where I'm coming from. As I said, I've learned a lot and now if I can add my own knowledge and experience to help someone else, it would be an honor.

Thanks for reading.

Dave
“Next to music, beer was best.” - Carson McCullers
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Welcome Dave!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome David Marcus,

I'm glad you joined. You do have a lot to offer.

By the way, nice introduction too (I read a lot of these so I should know).

-Mary Mowder
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café
David Marcus
View Profile
New user
3,375.97 miles outside of Paris, France.
81 Posts

Profile of David Marcus
Thank you all.

And Mary, that was nice of you to say. Thanks.

Dave
“Next to music, beer was best.” - Carson McCullers
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Dave,
I really enjoyed reading your story. Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Well Dave, you are defenitly a man with many talents.
I myself play the e-guitar ..... better say try to play Smile
But I am also into music in different ways since I was young and then started with magic a 15 years something ago.
Music always helped me to think in pattern and bringing some soul to my magic.
And now that I am doing storytelling magic as well I use it to create emotions and tension.

Nice to have you here and reading from you from time to time.

Greetings

A.J.Drake
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Long-time reader FINALLY joins as a bona fide member. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL