The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Easy to do with a bang. Moving to commercial-ish stuff. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 04:34, Mary Mowder wrote:
Derek, Glad you're on the mend.

I guess a close call like that can change your perspective.

All the best.

-Mary Mowder

Thanks Mary. Only time will tell if I end up back in the ER or not. It's weird that all I can think about it wanting to get out and perform.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 19:22, Derek Castillo wrote:
Only time will tell if I end up back in the ER or not.

Get well soon. You're in our prayers.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Derek I think a nice purchase is Lou Serrino's Steel ball Routine. It's Great, simple, and the extras on the DVD are also good. The extras are nothing ground breaking, or even "new", but it’s simple strong, theatrical magic.

Torn and restored tissue paper
Magic Castle coin matrix
Here there and everywhere
Card to picture frame
of course the steel ball routine

The package is about $100 but it includes everything you need. I don’t think that is too much to ask for when it comes to a professional, giving you a professional routine. Lou also adds in a few bonuses that are worth looking into as well.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-10 11:28, AndyLuka wrote:
Derek I think a nice purchase is Lou Serrino's Steel ball Routine. It's Great, simple, and the extras on the DVD are also good. The extras are nothing ground breaking, or even "new", but it’s simple strong, theatrical magic.

Torn and restored tissue paper
Magic Castle coin matrix
Here there and everywhere
Card to picture frame
of course the steel ball routine

The package is about $100 but it includes everything you need. I don’t think that is too much to ask for when it comes to a professional, giving you a professional routine. Lou also adds in a few bonuses that are worth looking into as well.

I have always LOVED Lou's Steel Ball routine. Simply elegant. Clean, and straight forward. The only reason I shy away from it is because I have a few steel balls floating around that seem to be close to that size and they are pretty heavy. makes my jacket pull. And if I'm guessing correct on the method then I feel this routine would eat too much usable pocket space and weight a tad much to use for any type of strolling or behind the bar style magic (Actually if I'm right it could work behind the bar better then in a close up situation with proper timing and a little adjusting). But for a close-up show. I would recommend this to anyone, You cant really beat the straight forward elegance and simplicity of the steel balls and the in your face straight forwardness of the effect, clean, direct, strong... Perfect.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
[/quote]

Thanks Mary. Only time will tell if I end up back in the ER or not. It's weird that all I can think about it wanting to get out and perform.
[/quote]

And I just got readmitted to the hospital last night... F my life.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Woohoo

Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Holy cow! You have some kind of plastic tubing fetish? Seriously, hope you get well whatever the problem is.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Next up. Blood transfusion this morning. these *** people wont leave me alone long enough to get my scripting done!!! I wonder how I can turn any of this into some sort go charter development for a show.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Sorry to hear about your medical issues. This is a perfect time to read books like maximum entertainment by ken Weber that alone will help you out with your character development. If you read this book, I highly suggest you have a highlighter and a pen as well, to highlight important parts, and to write notes in the margins. When you are done, and have applied a few of the techniques talked about, go back and re-read the book again and apply more techniques, then rinse and repeat, until you are Copperfield famous.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
228 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
Study the work of performers like Bob Sheets and Doc Eason. Both built careers on "standard" material.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-15 13:35, Rolf Reiner wrote:
Study the work of performers like Bob Sheets and Doc Eason. Both built careers on "standard" material.

I shall look into these two. I got all the time in the world to study up as of now.

Thanks for the input!
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 01:57, Blindside785 wrote:
People are always looking at what is out there and new and people get in the habit of just buying products because they think it will make them the next big thing.

a long time ago I worked at Micky Hades Int'l here in Seattle. Steve Minch was the manager then. he used to shake his head and say that people were always coming in and asking "what's new?" when they should have been asking "what's good?"
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
894 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I would second Ken Weber's book, Maximum Entertainment. This is an easy to read book that is loaded with great ideas and observations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Easy to do with a bang. Moving to commercial-ish stuff. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL