The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Paypal - Help!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi everyone.

I am from Malta and for some strange reason Paypal does not accept our country. My friend said it used to for a very short time, but not anymore.

Can someone tell me what we should do? Could a number of you perhaps help me to send a petition to Paypal? The greater the number the better. Don't forget about us, guys, we need your help. Smile We would also like to use Paypal.

Thanks from Malta. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks for the reply.

The fact is, though, that most of the time I have to make a money order as the number of sites that use Paypal are increasing.
Yours,

Ivan
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Which is too bad as paypal does very, very bad biz and can screw you over in a sec!
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Have a look at the following link

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Anybody had any problems with paypal ?

I am willing to set up for paypal but the above site just puts me off.
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
I have never had any problems with Paypal. It has always been fast and easy. What has happened to others?
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
I agree, Pay Pal is great.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
You are confusing me guys. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Paypal seems great till they take your money and there is nothing you can do. Or if you sell to much thru them they give you a penalty. They have class action suit againts them http://www.paypalsucks.com

Is the best place for legal information on them right now.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4948 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
PayPal works excellent even for people in Europe, just follow the instructions.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Kjellstrom, they don't accet Malta, though. I am getting annoyed with this as more and more people seem to be using Paypal for online transactions. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
I used papal for a couple of years, Then they insisted on having a bank account to "verify" my account - I didn't use them for several months until I opened an account with five dollars and used that account for their idiotic "verification" - I still use my AMEX (they give a real good protection plan)and don't respond to sellers that insist on a direct bank account withdrawal.

As far as "Malta" is concerned: is that country part of a larger group of countries under another name? - (I could look it up but I've got to leave in a few minutes) - If so, then papal probably wants that name placed in the "country" box.

Heck, what do I know?

Dave
Roberto Gee
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Roberto Gee
I've never had trouble with PayPal, though I don't live in Malta.

I was aware of the "problems" with PayPal before I set up an account. I.e., they can "freeze" your account at any time for any reason, etc.

So I simply set up a separate account with my bank, for PayPal. The bank was already familiar with these accounts and with PayPal.

I never keep more than $100 in it. I transfer funds from it to my regular account when it gets to be over $100.

As I say, I personally have not had any trouble with PayPal, though I have read horror stories from others.

Good luck!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Malta is an independent country in the middle of the mediterranean sea.
Yours,

Ivan
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
I've never had a problem with Paypal, but after learning more about their practices at Paypal Sucks, I think I'll be closing my PP acct. and changing my bank account and credit card numbers.

They seem to engage in some shoddy tactics in an effort to recoup their losses due to fraud.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Zeftron
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Zeftron
I have never had a problem with paypal and have used it quite a lot.

Having said that, I have only used it as a payment account for ebay auctions that I've won. Never having been a seller, I've not had the problem of having money in the account that they've decided to freeze.

My bank in the uk operates a 100% refund policy for online fraud anyway, so if paypal tried to debit my account without my express permission I'd still be reimbursed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Paypal - Help!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL