The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Ultra Tube Alert! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2642 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 10:14, J M Talbot wrote:
Barry please share the full results of your poll results of effects that most pro magicians do not perform... Did not know that existed... Could make a great Genii article Smile

I'd willingly give you an article for Genii.

The only problem, is that it would probably get lost amongst the countless pages of adverts. Smile
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Most magazines are greatly supported by the advertising pages. No advertising pages = no magazine. Only a person who knows absolutely nothing about publishing a periodical makes statements like that. Which just tells me that you know as little about publishing a magazine as you do about Oil and Water.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2642 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Richard,

It's called satire.

Us Brits are renowned for it but many times, it just seems to go over the heads of our American Brothers.

Obviously, I realise the advertising in Genii supports what are, quite clearly, pretty high production costs. That's why I very often buy it (as I have been doing since 1980).

It's also a monthly magazine that has been going for a lot longer than 20 years, without the editor forever harping on about it! Smile

I wish you well and every success with it, and also wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

I still hate oil & water tricks though!
Barry Allen

Joe Riding
20th May 1932 - 23rd April 2005

Thank you for making me an entertainer. I still miss ya mate.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-12-23 05:54, Merc Man wrote:

It's called satire.

Us Brits are renowned for it but many times, it just seems to go over the heads of our American Brothers.

Ha! Finally I understand why nobody laughs at my jokes (plus the fact that they are probably very bad) ...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5272 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 22:09, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Most magazines are greatly supported by the advertising pages. No advertising pages = no magazine. Only a person who knows absolutely nothing about publishing a periodical makes statements like that. Which just tells me that you know as little about publishing a magazine as you do about Oil and Water.

I actually like the ads. It's like a magic catalog, and who doesn't like a magic catalog? I'd be happy if there were even more ads.
The anniversary issue was absolutely killer BTW Richard. I've already found a half dozen "old" new effects I'll be doing. Nice work.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Merc Man, sorry about that. Satire often doesn't come across in written posts. That's what emoticons are for. Smile
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Ultra Tube is something of an enigma, I remember when nobody really cared about it, now it's a Tenyo treasure.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Ultra Tube sold for $130, sans package and with a small chip.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 01:13, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Ultra Tube sold for $130, sans package and with a small chip.

Wow
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
As I recall, a lot of people bought Ultra Tube. It appealed to the general hobbyist because it was easier to perform than something like Ball and Tube which requires some competence. Check around with older magicians. Those who have it probably don't even remember who made it.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Guys I have never understood what is so special about ultra tube?? easy to figure out and not an amazing effect I don't think?
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I think it would have been better with a locking mechanism so you can hand it out before and after.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I think it is effective because the tube is long enough to make the difference in depth between the dice less easy to discern. Continue with the routine. Spectators don't need to be taking long, loving looks into the tube. That's for us.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

If magic is well performed, the audience should never feel the need to handle the props unless you want them to.

Ultra Tube is not at all obvious in method: it's fooled everyone I've shown it to. One finger hides the part that slides out which gives the hand a very open look.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
A color changing die is an unusual effect. It would be interesting to use this method with "Tunnel of Darkness." It would provide a hiding place for that "extra thing" one has at the end of the effect.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

That's an interesting idea, dragonash, however with "Tunnel of Darkness," the extra cage will slide easily into your hand or lap if you turn the tube upright, and then you can put it on the table if you feel that's necessary.

I like the idea of putting an Ultratube type gimmick into a Tunnel of Darkness tube. Remind me to put that in the Tenyo book!
lemagico
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of lemagico
Quote:
On 2012-12-22 15:58, stereo wrote:

Did anyone view this and not end up with a big smile on their face?

The kid may be scared and surprised, but I am assuming otherwise unscathed.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

David, what does that video have to do with Tenyo (other than it appears to be from Japanese TV)?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Ultra Tube Alert! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL