The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A great idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Sorry guys, I did not buy it.
The mechanism was too tight, and made noise when being used.
The price was $90 which I thought was too high for what it was.
The worst part was I, of big thumbs, could slip the thing. A smaller person than I would have to do some strong dancing to keep people from seeing how loose it really was. Anybody wants a look see, talk to Fred Broder (Presto the Digitator)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
We saw Escape artist Michael Lee escape from a pair of Stocks that someome brought to his show in upstate New York this past yr,
to Challenge him to escape from . He did it at the end of thr show and it took him just 12 minutes to get out .
They were locked with a Combination lock, at the end his wrist were bleeding and very swolen , but he did get out .
The next day my dad showed me a half page article detailing how he won seven thousand dollars which he donated
to a local childrens hospital.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Both Longleat and Littlecote House have a set of stocks which nobody (Even Houdini) Could get out of !!!

All that stocked and locked is a single finger from each hand, that's it, but how frustrating for an ea.

Ken.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I saw a "finger pillory" in the book, "Olde Time Punishments."
It's simple--but vexingly effective.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
These were used for below stairs punishments and nobody has ever got out of them as the only way would be to amputate the fingers. I wanted to take pics but not allowed. However you are permitted to try them out and they hurt like hell.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Here's a copy of the Finger Pillory illustration that appears in "Olde Time Punishments."

http://oreald.com/picture2738.html
- Albert Camus
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Evil and painful looking bit of business there.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I like it. Hmmm.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
OUCH!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The one in Littlecote House stands around four feet high and is made of highly polished mahogany. The workmanship of the highest level makes it a delight as a peice of classy furniture.

The actual stock part is six inches plus deep (So a bit deeper than Steves pic shows) There are three holes of varying sizes to accomedate finger thickness plus the vertical hole sections are very slightly splayed at around sixty degrees to the horizontal (This really stops any movement by your fingers at all) Just to be put in it hurts enough let alone trying to struggle,,,no way could you get out of it,,,only by getting someone to release the top stock completly. Even with the clasps lifted I couldn't lift the top stock upwards with my two fingers due to the wieght of the mahogany.

Tried to date these and the nearest we got to it was Cromwellian period.
Not the sort of thing you could make yourself (Maybe a cabinet maker could have a go) To design a gimmed set would be impossible due to the bare nakedness of its design (No patterns or mouldings or straberka princible would be possible) And if added would be a giveaway.

I know of a women who had double jointed knuckle joints and it beat her as well !!!

If your ever in the UK and get the chance to go to Littlecote (Its near me so visit my shop as well!!)Do so and try it,,,the one at Longleat owned by Lord Bath (Hes a moody old bugger) You cant try out.

These are the only two legits that I have managed to locate and both within twenty five miles of each other !!! Odd.

Ken
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
They're definitely ingenious.

Another thing I noticed was the ingenuity of the shackling arrangement on the average whipping post: Two sets of shackles designed to encircle the upper arms and wrists, with the elbows bent. Much like Ian McColl's strait-shackle, the position makes for high security due to severely-restricted arm/body motion.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A great idea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL