The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Witches Almanac question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I just acquired a Witches Almanac. Have to say I love the work that has gone into this and see many possibilities. Having said that mine does not have a place for the cards in the book, but they come wrapped in a very aged and wax sealed paper that looks great. So my question is this. Is this how they are now being produced? It really makes no difference just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Also having a hard time getting registered on the forum for Witches Almanac. Any help would be appreciated. Did what I had to do but never received the email for final registration. I feel I could really use some tips for this effect.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
The WA used to be created with the pocket in the book. However now they are being produced with the cards separately. Not sure about the forum, but I am sure Rick with chime in here soon.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I just place the cards in the book along with the book marker (crib).

Ray
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 13:10, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Ray

Did you age your book marker? My almanac came with two ribbons on it for markers with little beads on the end which seem very appropriate. I do like the idea of your bookmarker with the crib.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
632 Posts

Profile of brehan
I use a Peek wallet with THE crib inside and my business card on top to write my impressions I am receiving. Than I give my card away as a souvenir - no memory work.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love the little touches you guys do with your WA Smile

FYI I have it on a special this week at $65 plus shipping!!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 13:47, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 13:10, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Ray

Did you age your book marker? My almanac came with two ribbons on it for markers with little beads on the end which seem very appropriate. I do like the idea of your bookmarker with the crib.

Yes, I aged the bookmarker the old fashion way.

Ray
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
My cards just came seperate from the book, no envelope or anything.

One thing you might consider is to find some of the minerals and give the sitter one to take. You can find most of the stuff pretty cheap on ebay.

-Max
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2845 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I have the "prototype" with the slit in the back that holds The Five Tarot Cards Of Fate. It is a very simple holder and I've always liked it since it seems like something someone might do on their own after realizing the two worked in concert.

That fits with my original presentation in the backstory included with the instructions. I have a shorter version I use but the fact of the synergy between the WA and TFTCOF being accidentally stumbled upon always stays.

Rick, remind me why you stopped making WA that way, please.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
664 Posts

Profile of Bedford
My copy has the slit in the back as well.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I stopped putting the pocket in the back a year after the book came out. The reason was I did not like that the book did not close well with the cards in that pocket. It's that simple. The cover has to bend a bit when the 5 cards are in the pocket. I like the book to close with the covers flat, that's my preference.

I know that most buyers did not have a problem with the book having the pocket and the cover not closing flat when the cards are in the pocket, because its an old book and after decades, it does not have to be "perfect"

It bothered me so for the past 3-4 years no books have had that pocket. If anyone wants to know how to add one you can PM me and I'll be happy to tell you how to do it.

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1182 Posts

Profile of reese
I was interested in this until I thought "what if someone googles 'Witches Almanac' " ? So I tried it. The 2nd listing is a link to the page at Outlaw Effects to buy the trick. A shame but that kills it for me. It's too easy for inquiring minds to find it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Sand off name on cover,and do not call it WA in performance...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
On special through X-Mas at $65 plus shipping!!!

BTW Reese, I know customers that have been using it for years and I've never had one tell me a spec ran home and googled it. I think Magicians are far more likely to google magic than lay people.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1717 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 01:34, Roth wrote:

BTW Reese, I know customers that have been using it for years and I've never had one tell me a spec ran home and googled it. I think Magicians are far more likely to google magic than lay people.

I've never had it questioned.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 19:03, David Eichler wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 01:34, Roth wrote:

I've never had it questioned.

Neither have I.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1182 Posts

Profile of reese
No, my concern isn't that someone with a smart-phone googles "magic".... It's that they get curious about the history of the book and google the title. Being paranoid about protecting secrets just leads to..... ( you can fill in the blank where-ever your thinking leads you )
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1182 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 01:22, Godzilla wrote:
Sand off name on cover,and do not call it WA in performance...
Thanks! That is a smart answer.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Perhaps you could purchase the hardcover version (that's what I did). Different title. . .

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......nom.html
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Reese, you are welcome! Smile
I, would not worry so much about the google on this, as stated above, but...
WA, is too good not to have!
And, Outlaw has a really good price on,her!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Witches Almanac question... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL