The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Erm wtf electroshock cuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
http://www.infowars.com/electroshock-tor......atented/

Capable of delivering shocks and injectable chemicals... Surely there must be some human rights breached here?!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes you MUST be able to choose the drug injected? Or choose a comfort level for the electric shock?

Or may be you have the right to either 1) not do a crime, 2) don't get caught! Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
The police (sometimes not appropriately) have the rights to docilize a violent suspect in what ever way they deem accessible at the time. This includes a punch, a taser, a billy club or a gun. The message here is don't f around with the cops. If they take you, don't be a threat. If you are innocent wait for it to get sorted out. If you are guilty, don't make the charges against you worse.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On 2012-12-12 18:37, Cliffg37 wrote:
The police (sometimes not appropriately) have the rights to docilize a violent suspect in what ever way they deem accessible at the time. This includes a punch, a taser, a billy club or a gun. The message here is don't f around with the cops. If they take you, don't be a threat. If you are innocent wait for it to get sorted out. If you are guilty, don't make the charges against you worse.

very different here in the UK ... UK cops are of all sizes and weights.. and mostly women...

and is it bad that I want a pair of these cuffs only to work out how to earth the electrical charge ...
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Kinda gives a bit too much power to the police officer. Kinda like the taser does! Many cases of abuse in power has been report with the taser....

But, cool cuffs!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I think the idea is, that the prisoner walking in the "joint", can not break-away and go into an area they are not wanted.

There are RFID chips installed. This is something that would not ( could not ) be used in the streets for a patrol officer. They have other ways to subdue someone. These have to be (must be) used after the inmate is within the walls of an institution where the RFID readers communicate with the chips. They would break, in street use, being slammed around and beaten or if water gets inside. (or for some reason the RFID chip is read by a passing delivery truck and that sets the cuffs "off" by accident . It could happen).

Eventually they might make a version, like an Oregon Boot on the arm, so prisoners can roam around BUT the nice people in one gang must stay on their side of the yard because if they cross the line they get zapped.

- - - -

I can also see where a long sleeve shirt might interfere with their effectiveness and I predict these will quickly be challenged in court and the case goes to the supreme court.
Another thing: if anyone has ever been to a chiropractors for T.E.N.S. therapy, you know that different people conduct electricity differently so the electrical charge may not work on some.
And then... Injection from an un-sterilised needle, into an unclean arm, is illegal. Even people on death row have their arm swabbed with alcohol before being injected.

All the way around I say... if you want a pair of collectable cuffs, get them now before these people go out of business and these are made illegal.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
T.E.N.S. rocks! Love it I have two!

I can see there being tonnes of issues too.

If injecting with a non sterile needle and arm is illegal does that mean that junkies under a bridge somewhere would be breaking the law if it was a legal substance (like air - I know that would be stupid too)?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Erm wtf electroshock cuffs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL