The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help me identify this ITR? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
So I was given an ITR today, the thread was hanging about 6 inches out of it and I was told if I could fix it I could have it. naturally after fiddleing with it for a few minutes I understood how it worked and fixing it was rediculously simple. now it's working in what I can only assume is perfect order and appears to be like new with the exception of the rock hard piece of wax at the end (makes me wonder how long this thing has been laying arround) but I was wanting to know just exactly what I'm playing with. I'll attach a picture of it. it's about 2 inches long by my estimate, about a fingers width shorter than my thumb, (it's cold outside and I'm lazy, the tape measure is staying in the truck). anyway I have no experience with normal ITR's. so any performance tips and effect ideas are welcome as well. I own the tarantula but I've had no luck with that, hoping this goes better.

Click here to view attached image.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Looks like it was from Sorcery.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only performance tip I can suggest is IT takes a lot of practice in private, and knowing your performing environments will help pull off miracles in the right places.

If you are not one to practice alone in a room for a few hours a day, then IT is not for you. Open the shades on the windows, turn on or off lights to get different performing situations. Walk around and watch for different effects on the IT.

Remember, if you can see it, they most likely can't 90% of the time, so check with a trusted person.

Finally, always have a backup ready.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Thanks. I'll give it a go.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha gary
I believe that is a boss reel from sorcery magic.
todd
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Picture is a bit fuzzy,but I agree,it looks to be a "Boss Reel" from Sorcery.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Yeah, sorry about the fuzzy picture, I'm limited to my web cam at the moment, I'll see if I can get a more clear picture today, looking at pictures of the boss reel the main difference I see if that the boss reel has a really flat clip on it, hwere as this one has like a piece of metal that holds the back of it up away from the reel.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Thread Boss
Titan ITR
Penguin Pro

Those are all really similar thread reels with the way they look.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Here are some ITR training videos from Sorcery.
http://blip.tv/sorcery-shop-levitation-expert-training
Ihor
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Thanks for the help everyone, I believe this is the penguin pro, same clip... anyway it looks like this is gonna be pushed aside for a while, I've got some hypnosis material I need to be working on because a friend of mine wants to be hypnotised, she's coming up at the end of the month and I haven't written out my script yet, it seems that fooling with this amazing device is delaying me on something that I'm already trying to do in about 1/12th of the time I really need. thanks for the help everybody, and when I get done with what I'm doing I'll pull this back out, then I'll let you know if I have any luck with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Help me identify this ITR? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL