We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free Shipping at Penguin Goes Up to $75! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 23:39, davidpaul$ wrote:

Anyway I relented and added to my order to meet the requirements.

I had added Delicious Ambitious by Alexander Kolle to meet the $50 minimum and LOVE the trick. What did you get to meet the minimum? It might be something great you'll use.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6022 Posts

Profile of motown
Sorry to hear that.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Hard to believe how gullible magicians can be!! Smile

All seriousness aside, though.... ( Smile ! )..... Repeat after me: "There is no such thing as free shipping." Now there may be a Santa Claus... Maybe even an Easter Bunny for all I know.... And after watching the movie "Darkness Falls" eleventy times I realize that there IS a tooth fairy - and you better never see her coming! But there is no such thing as free shipping!

Every dealer has to pay UPS or USPS or FedEx or Canada Post or whatever carrier they use. None of them get a free ride, and neither do we. The cost of shipping AND handling is built into the pricing structure. It HAS to be; businesses cannot survive by giving their stuff away at no cost. Try it sometime... it just doesn’t work, darn it! When the shipping & handling is removed (from our vision - like a magic effect!) for any purchase amount, prices are changed to make up the difference. It might only be certain key products; might only be a buck or a half buck per unit. But shops really must pay the carriers, as well as their employees who pull orders from storage and pack it up for shipping. The money that pays for those services must come from somewhere... and that "somewhere" is us.

Free shipping is just a sales tactic, similar to charging $29.99 instead of $30.00, because that jump in the tens column just smacks us the wrong way. Yeah, a lousy penny clouds our judgment! Really! Proven time and time again. Uproars over "Free S&H" cracks me up every time I see it. Smile Smile

Thanks!

Jim
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2979 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I hear ya...but..regardless...I forked over some additional funds which (by my choice) I shouldn't have had to do.
Additional shipping charges are just that, additional, even if the cost is added to the product to cover it from a gross profit margin perspective.
Penguin Magic can charge what they want. I've been a regular customer for over ten years and have always had great service.
I just didn't appreciate my recent experience and their response to tell me to buy more.....Bad move..
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
J-Mac this is not true. I offer free shipping and I sell my stuff at the suggested retail price. The same price as some who charges shipping sells it for. I eat the shipping. It cuts into my profit. But I do it to stay competitive. Heck, I offer specials a lot of the time so stuff is even cheaper!

The only items I adjust for shipping are my Colombini Magic products. I sell them for $12 instead of $10. But this is only because if I don't, I make almost no money. However, even at $12, I'm still not making much. Especially when overseas shipping can be about $6 for a single DVD (not including envelopes, printing shipping labels and gas to and from the post office).
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
I usually buy two and "only pay extra shipping and processing"

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
When close to the free shipping threshold, I've found it handy to just add a silk to my order.

The smaller sizes are inexpensive, and it's a useful utility item.

Forcing decks, double-backers, etc are handy utility items as well.

There's also a 14 of Spades available for $1.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1424 Posts

Profile of Jared
Penguin should consider adding a catagory called 'Boost your order' that features a list of items priced at under $5.00. Another idea might be to 'shop by price'. Both suggestions would allow us to quickly find items to increase the dollar amount in order to qualify for free shipping...For what it's worth, I too ordered elsewhere when the free shipping was bumped to $75.00.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Free Shipping at Penguin Goes Up to $75! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL