The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is the Tango Slippery morgan shell silver? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
I saw one for $220 on line and another for $150. Both had different packaging. wondering if there all real silver or not.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6944 Posts

Profile of bowers
Tangos are magic8161.
can't understand the big price difference.
where did you see this?
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
And then a few other sites have them for $135 and up. not sure why such a big price difference.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11019
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
This don't match my morgans at all. I thing its not silver. that's way the new ones for $220 say real silver.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5298 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 23:29, bowers wrote:
Tangos are magic8161.
can't understand the big price difference.
where did you see this?

Todd,

I don’t know where the OP saw the $150 price, but Joe Mogar has a silver Morgan sliding shell for $140 - nice one, too!

http://joemogar.tripod.com/id24.html (About a quarter of the way down the page)

Me? I went for the $85 "Magical Morgan" sliding shell. For me it is every bit as nice and is ferromagnetic too! (Attracted to magnets).

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4765 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2012-12-15 01:04, J-Mac wrote:

Todd,

I don’t know where the OP saw the $150 price, but Joe Mogar has a silver Morgan sliding shell for $140 - nice one, too!

http://joemogar.tripod.com/id24.html (About a quarter of the way down the page)

Me? I went for the $85 "Magical Morgan" sliding shell. For me it is every bit as nice and is ferromagnetic too! (Attracted to magnets).

Jim

I agree with you Jim, the magical morgan shells are great. The Exp [ is currently out of stock, I have one I use with my NGF to lock it in since its ferromagnetic. I am selling all 5 of my magical morgan coins on the forum since I have all the silver ones.

slippery sams are weird though - I had a Lassen set I bought from Bowers and the slipper sam locked on great to each coin but there were only 3 so I bought another African Dime off ebay and it was to small for the slippery sam to lock on - could still use it to be one ahead and side bt side the naked eye couldn't tell the difference in the coins.

I would only buy a slippery sam where I bought the set and they or myself checked them. I am getting a shell for my eng penny/walker C/S coin to make it a sun and moon. I ordered it from Mark Mason and I sent him my coin to make sure he has one that fits well. otherwise he will send it to Bob to shave down a bit and remill then make a standard shell to fit all the way.

Johnson will custom make coin shells as long as you supply the coin and Bowers says Roy Kueppers will also. I think Bowers told me once that the magical Morgans Joe Mogar sells are made by Kries? something like that.

Todd Bowers is a wealth of info on coin stuff (and yes Todd - you have my permission to quote me on your forum sig.) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6944 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha thanks poof.i just know enough to get me into trouble.
iv'e had a couple of slippery sams.but could never get the feel for them.
but someone that knows how to use them can do some wonderful magic.
todd
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I think all are silver, the different between $220 and $150 is that the $220 one has an extra coin that fits the shell where as the $150 one comes with a shell only.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
458 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends
We only use silver Morgans. Send me the links and I'll check if these coins are my coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Is the Tango Slippery morgan shell silver? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL