The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dunford Tarot Plinths (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
http://www.mental-craft.com/index.php?op......ory_id=1

This is funny, great and useful...

A little while back, I'd commissioned a special pendulum I needed from Rich at mental-craft. I also bugged him to make me three small, lightweight stands. Nowadays, when I use the tarot, I have them sit beside me, and we put the cards on (well, before these, I used clear perspex coin stands - but the cards get falling, so I used wax and it just got too complicated and messy) - so anyway, I bugged Rich to see if he would make me some.

We shared a few ideas, said what we liked/didn't like...Rich tried them out and came up with what he has graciously called Dunford Tarot Card Stands...which makes me chuckle each time I see 'em.

So what are they? Well, the photo will give you an idea of size hopefully. They are lightweight wooden discs, with a smaller wooden block on top. And along that block is the groove for the card/envelope/other papery item you wish to slide in there. They feel light, like they'd move - and I guess in a strong draft they would. So don't perform in a very gusty area, that's my tip.

They have been aged and varnished. And the block parts have these little esoteric engravings on them too. I don't know if he's going to - but I did suggest a PK version somewhere down the line. You don't have to use 'em with tarot, folded index cards, envelopes and so on fit too (as per the photo below)...

Dunno what else I can say really?! They been used a few times since, nice and compact, they fit inside one of Rich's "special" bags, along with a pendulum, couple of pencils, some billets and tickets...

9/10, and yes I am a little biased...so feel free to knock off 0.00003 off the score...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've asked to be banned
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Nothing to knock off the score in my eyes
:applause:
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ta mate...

what Rich doesn't know, is that I'm going to be bothering him for another version I have in my head, just so I can number them from 1 to 5...sssssssssssh!
I've asked to be banned
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
This is an absolutely fabulous idea!
A PK version would indeed be a nice addition too.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
HAha!

Terrific!
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Whoooop! a nice little slideshow is now available...

http://s284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ma......lideshow
I've asked to be banned
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Synchronicity exists, and its a beautiful thing to experience it.

Recently I ask my grandfather to make for me some stands for envelopes. He did his best but they don't work very well.

Now , thanks to the idea of Iain and the amazing work of Rich we can have a beautiful piece that can make our job easier and prettier .

Already waiting my package Smile

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dunford Tarot Plinths (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL