The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Wilson's "On the Spot" out on DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicMan5150
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMan5150
I've heard great reviews about the Greg Wilson On the Spot videos. Does anyone know if they're coming out on DVD anytime soon?

Thanks in advance!

:comply:
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I don't think there is any plans on making this into a DVD. Get the video if you can. They are the best magic videos I have seen.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I don't know if they will be coming out on DVD. However, as therntier suggests, get the VHS tapes. This set is killer for being able to do magic with ordinary objects and lets you perform truly impromptu magic at the drop of a hat.

While the set may not be my absolute favorite tape, it is definitely in my list of essential keepers and is a set I'd want to have if trapped on a desert island. Of course, in such event, I'd also want a VCR and electricity. (grin)

Mike

P.S. Here's a thought: Trapped on a desert island with these tapes and no VCR and no electricity. Quick!! On the Spot. What magic can you do with these tapes?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This Month's Magic magazine, Penguin magic lists them as coming out on DVD. Well worth it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-11-08 18:12, Turk wrote:
Trapped on a desert island with these tapes and no VCR and no electricity. Quick!! On the Xpot. What magic can you do with these tapes?

Hmm, how about paperballs over the head using the tapes and a monkey on the island? Or, let's see, given that it's two tapes, you could practice sleight of hand by performing double lifts with the tapes, or holding them in mechanic's grip and performing second deals and bottom deals (exactly the same move with just two tapes). Center deals with just two tapes, though, would be difficult (although word in the underground has it that Marlo had variations with both Beta and VHS tapes). If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, could you explain it to my therapist?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Ummm how about doing the Professors Nightmare with those tapes, you have lots of it to practice on. Or how about Daryl's rope routine?
With just one tape, perform the Torn & Restored tape (you have to use a lot of brute force here to accomplish this effect).
Using the monkey offered by Larry above, you can perform Monkey in the Middle.

Hmmm I'm to tired to think out something more right now... its passed 2 am here. I think I will slip into bed and having nightmares about deserted islands and sharks swimming around it, and video tapes... and spots ... and Greg Wilson.... zzzzzzz..
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
It would be nice if the 'On The Spot' series was put out on DVD.
There are tons of tricks on those series and it's a hassel to find certain trick on VHS!
theonejimmie
View Profile
New user
Phila., Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of theonejimmie
It is true I saw the Ad in November’s Magic mag. However the DVD is not on the site, VHS only. I have sent an e-mail to sales to confirm the availability. I will update this thread when I get a reply Smile
NeptuneTQ
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NeptuneTQ
Wonder if Greg's gonna have any bonus material on the DVD, like Jay sankey's Coin magic dvd? That would give me instant incentive to buy it, since I already have the tapes.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-09 22:35, NeptuneTQ wrote:
Wonder if Greg's gonna have any bonus material on the DVD, like Jay sankey's Coin magic dvd? That would give me instant incentive to buy it, since I already have the tapes.

Gosh, NeptuneTQ. I can see why having additional material on the DVD would be desirable but I'd buy the DVDs just because of the absolute convenience of having the effects indexed and able to be selectively accessed!! I am sooo spoiled now by DVDs--I am having real difficulty buying any VHS tapes anymore. (grin) But, I know where you are coming from--money is tight and having "duplicates" of the material is not strictly necessary so the added effects would definitely be added incentive.

Mike

P.S. Have you thought about selling the VHS tapes on the Café? Mark them down to 1/2 price plus $2.00-$3.00 S&H (ship them "Media Mail") and I bet you'd find some takers.

Eschew obfuscation.
NeptuneTQ
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of NeptuneTQ
Oh, it has nothing to do with the material, it's just that I recorded my tapes and burned them to DVD myself when I first got them for the very reason you said ^_^ Though I would prefer the quality of a professionally burned DVD, I was just hoping there would be some bonus stuff on the DVD too because I love Greg's work Smile
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I keep waiting for Card Stunts to be re-released.
theonejimmie
View Profile
New user
Phila., Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of theonejimmie
The following is the update from penguin on the DVD.

Dear Jimmie,

Thanks for your email. This DVD should be available in a week or so, as it is simply on its way from production.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Jaysin Noble
Penguin Magic Customer Service

Smile
MagicMan5150
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMan5150
Jimmie,

Thanks for the post! I'll hold out a week or two and get the DVD! Based on what a lot people have said, it's definitely one to get!

Smile
theonejimmie
View Profile
New user
Phila., Pa.
54 Posts

Profile of theonejimmie
I am also waiting for the DVD’S to add to my collection. You can never tell when you may be stranded on a desert island. Smile
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
I’ve been waiting for this to come out on DVD for a while. I was considering going ahead with the videos. Glad I didn’t, thanks for the info Jimmie.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I just bought this set on video (I didn't know that they were coming out on DVD) and they are great! I am using several tricks from it already, it is so great to be ble to perform some great killer routines impromptu.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2003-11-08 18:12, Turk wrote:
Trapped on a desert island with these tapes and no VCR and no electricity. Quick!! On the Spot. What magic can you do with these tapes?

Smile Tear off a piece of the vhs tape tie it around your middle finger and perform the jumping ring, er, tape.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
A follow-up on the desert island theme:

With the DVD, you now can perform the "Incredible Floating Disk Transposition" effect (play frisbee)!!

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Jesper Amstrup
View Profile
New user
Denmark
89 Posts

Profile of Jesper Amstrup
Buy anything with Greg Wilson's name on it and you will become inspired. I have al his tapes and wouldn't part with them for anything. I wish Ring Leader would come out on DVD though.

btw. any news on the book he is writing? I spoke to him about a year ago. He told me that it was mainly on preformance theory. I just can't wait. One sad thing about it though. He told me that when the book is published. he will withdraw from the magic community and work for laymen only.

Let's hope he changes his mind about that.

Jesper
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Wilson's "On the Spot" out on DVD? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL