The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Least favorite Christmas carol (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The only Christmas song I really despise is Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime". There are very few songs that make me want to retch, but that is one of them.

My favorite has always been "O Holy Night"...but...I prefer the original (?) French words. Speaking of singing it powerfully, AND in French,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM5IDFRRfaY

Doesn't get much more powerful than a youthful Pavarotti, singing it live!

How about Bjoerling, in Swedish? Skip to 3:32 if you just want to hear the last (glorious) part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYCudlVMSM
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Madona's version of Santa Baby. It make me want to vomit snd scream at the same time (a very messy thing to do).
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2012-12-24 02:15, Chessmann wrote:
The only Christmas song I really despise is Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime". There are very few songs that make me want to retch, but that is one of them.

Oddly enough, it's one of the few "happy, happy, joy, joy" Christmas songs I can tolerate.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Least favorite Christmas carol (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL