The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "PSIUKE'" is coming....2013 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
PSIUKE' is coming in the 2013...with contributions from Richard Osterlind, Dan Harlan and many others....

learachel
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of learachel
A book?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I doubt it, though I'm guessing by the title its to do with a max maven effect...could well be wrong though!
I've asked to be banned
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
Will keep a eye on it Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Yes, guy..is a book, but a VERY special book!
Will be out in two format: Softcover and deluxe edition hard cover and will have ALL my previous works that has been published before as single manuscript pdf or booklet (included the rare psychometry drawing extended)and a new routine of mine (a full act) which is great for bizarre and mentalism.
PLUS it will be a great collection of routines from Richard Osterlind (routine that has never been published before), Dan Harlan,David Thiel and many others..the book will be 205 pages
Foreword by Kenton Knepper
A great collector book with a LOT of material Smile
Jedo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Jedo
Thank you for the update. It seems realy interesting, just a few month to wait the release then.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Yes, this sounds really cool.

Ray
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Here is a little promo I made Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwq9PJ0Hwo
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
It is finally available! The highly anticipated PSIUKE' includes all of Luca Volpe's previously published works in a single booklet or pdf.

The book contains stage and close up routines including the famous ULTIMATE CHAIR TEST ROUTINE and PSYCHOMETRY DRAWING EXTENDED which was a limited release and is now finally available in this book. Also included is a new Luca Volpe routine called "Charlotte Hills" a full act for mentalist and psychic entertainers!

Plus you will find incredible contributions and essays from Richard Osterlind, Dan Harlan, Kenton Knepper, David Thiel, Pablo Amirŕ, David Green, Dale Hildebrandt, Nefesh, Rich Hennessey, Alex Hinojosa, Wayne Rogers and Raimond Doetjes.

A great collectors book containing lots of material which is not to be missed out from any serious mentalists library.

Available NOW in two formats, soft and hardcover deluxe edition and if you buy today you have the 25% of disount! Her is the link:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lucavolpe
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 11:32, lucavolpe wrote:
The book contains stage and close up routines including the famous ULTIMATE CHAIR TEST ROUTINE and PSYCHOMETRY DRAWING EXTENDED which was a limited release and is now finally available in this book. Also included is a new Luca Volpe routine called "Charlotte Hills" a full act for mentalist and psychic entertainers!

Plus you will find incredible contributions and essays from Richard Osterlind, Dan Harlan, Kenton Knepper, David Thiel, Pablo Amirŕ, David Green, Dale Hildebrandt, Nefesh, Rich Hennessey, Alex Hinojosa, Wayne Rogers and Raimond Doetjes.

I officially hate you, Luca. Smile

Kidding, of course! I'm still waiting for "Emotional Mentalism" to arrive before I can even think about this one, but this is definitely on my list.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3903 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Luca sent me a copy of Psiuke a few days ago. I was still in post-holiday crash mode (lying on the couch moaning about the fact that I COULD have completed that degree instead of flitting from party to party with bits of paper and mysterious pads in tow) and so the timing was perfect. I read the whole thing through cover to cover.

I'll often look at a book and think "If there's even just ONE thing in here I can use, it's worth the price of the book." The problem with Psiuke is that there's too MUCH great stuff here. First: you get all of Luca's material -- effects he's done in the real world -- on cruise ships as well as for his corporate clients. The nuances are there. The routines are beautifully explained and illustrated...but best of all there's room for each reader to inject their own personality and performance style into any routine. If you've heard of Luca's Ultimate Chair Test Routine -- but never seen it -- prepare for pure delight. This is a brilliant concept. Commercial and fun to present.

And as if that wasn't enough -- Luca also includes new material from a who's who of mentalism: Osterlind, Knepper, Harlan, Amira and many more. Each one brings a new perspective -- a new concept. These are wonderful routines from other performers who present mentalism for a living. There is just one professional routine after another. As with all quality books you'll find at least one thing in every routine that you can use.

You know something else about this book? It's one of the few out there that don't just contain great routines -- but there's a pile of theory and solid thinking about mentalism and the presentation of wonder. Psiuke really is a handbook for the serious performer -- a wonderful resource for the mentalism community.

And, while it's true that I have a contribution in this book as well -- I'll be completely honest: if I didn't like what I read...I wouldn't endorse it. I'd just stay on the couch. But Psiuke (aside from being a title that will make you go "huh") is a vastly under-priced resource and is absolutely worth every accolade it's going to get.

2013 is off to a strong start with this one.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wow David thank you! Your contribution is pure gold too!
Btw, a lot of people asked me about the contents of the book...here is : (Is HUGE)

Foreword by Kenton Knepper- page 9
Psiukč - page 11
Double Control - page 12
H-Acaan - page 22
P.D.R. - page 27
P.D.R. Expanded - page 30
The Horus Eye - page 36
The Peek Envelope - page 41
Impossible Prediction - page 46
Double Prediction - page 52
Photo Connection - page 60
Direct Book Test - page 64
Sixth Sense Revisited - page 68
Remote Vision - page 71
Deja Words - page 77
Using the Monotone of the voice - page 90
The Ultimate Chair Test Routine Act - page 93
The Stone of Destiny - page 109
Charlotte Hills - page 116
The Contributions - page 123
David Thiel - page 124
Finding the funny in Mentalism - page 125
Richard Osterlind - page 132
A Card to be Thought About - page 134
Dan Harlan - page 137
Push - page 138
Nefesh - page 140
Can - page 141
Pablo Amirŕ - page 150
50 Most Famous People in the World - page 151
Rich Hennessey - page 155
Amazing Human Brain Demonstration - page 156
David J. Greene - page 161
Green(e) Monte - page 161
Bulletoon - page 165
Alex Hinojosa - page 168
Ima(th)ination - page 168
Wayne Rogers - page 182
Commercial Chicanery - page 183
Dale Hildebrandt - page 185
A Line - page 186
Raymond Doetjes - page 188
One Face in Four Billion - page 189
Kenton Knepper - page 195
Making it all Possible - page 196
Available Products - page 205
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of learachel
Just order!thank you
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2257 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Congratulations Luca.

My routine Ima(th)ination is included in PSIUKE.

I am sure you all will enjoy PSIUKE, lots of great thinkers.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Before talking about PSIUKE I would just like to go on a little detour first.

If someone buys an effect that turns out to be, in their opinion, very good. They like the way the creator thinks, they way they structure things and feel like they have a similar mindset to the purchaser. It is not unreasonable to assume they would buy more work from the same creator. And assuming no sudden massive change of focus from the creator, it's not unreasonable for the purchaser to be happy with this second purchase.

Some people then go on to buy everything that this creator puts out, and when opinions are being offered they would naturally be positive about the effects and the creator in question.

This can (and has) lead to accusations of being a member of the creators "band of followers" and being guilty of hype. (though no suggested motive for this hype is ever proffered)

So at the risk of the same accusations here goes:
I have a lot of Luca's work. I like the way he thinks. I like his focus on making effects meaningful for the audience. (whether a full theatre or a single person)
I also like the way his effects leave plenty of scope for each performer to put their own spin on things.

I haven't finished the book yet, but as I know a fair amount of the included material from previous purchases, I can say that I think this will be a highly beneficial read for anyone whatever their level of involvement in mentalism.

I am looking forward to another evening on the sofa finishing this off.
A nice collection of works from the best dressed man in mentalism Smile

steve
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi Steve, thank you very much! I am glad you like my suit Smile
and thanks to all of you guys..the feedback to my book has already been great!
:)
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
PSIUKE,
It is amazing how Luca comes up with his routines and ideas. I am a fan of his work and have always find value in his top notch routines.

Once I sat down to read PSIUKE I realized that this was a book that contained professional advice and effects. Not only from Luca but others! I like the idea of Luca placing some of his best between the covers of the same book. Including his hard hitting 'Ultimate Chair Routine Act'.

PSIUKE first effect is a chair type routine where the spectators will believe that they have the ability to read minds. This is a fresh approach and I found it to be refreshing and something that will pack small and play big.

I am sure many here already have books by Luca and already know many of the routines. So it isn't hard to believe when I say that within these pages are professional routines that can enhance your own program and make you money. I love doing Luca's P.D.R (Psyhometry Drawing). This one routine I have done in the middle of a room full of people and had everyone's attention!

Another routine that I like is 'Stone of Destiny'. It is Luca's take of the which hand routine. Another winner for me.

I have a small list of performers who I really enjoy learning from. And Luca is among this small group. What I find each and every time that I read something by Luca is that every little thing has been thought through. As you read a routine, you just know that it is going to play very well for your paying clients.

For those that haven't taken the plunge into the world of Luca Volpe, I can honestly recommend this book because of the professional routines contain within. There are routines and bits of advice from Luca and others that are thought provoking as well as being highly commercial.

Best
Ray
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi Ray thank you very much for your review,hope the people through this book will have a general view of my "mind world" there is also a new routine/ full act of mine called Charlotte Hills which is worth to try it Smile
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Luca kindly sent me the pdf. for "PSIUKE" about a week ago. I was honored a while back when Luca asked me to be a contributor to his book.....thank-you Luca!

I have been busy with some personal projects ...so I really have not had the time to fully delve into this 205 page book.....that is packed with Luca's presentations, and those of the guest contributor's.

While perusing the table of contents...I was immediately drawn to the title: "The Horus Eye" p.36. I guess being an amateur egyptologist ma have helped catch my attention.

'The Horus Eye'...is a brilliant and very interesting routine that I look forward to performing. Now.....I look forward to finding other gems in this book that suit my personal style.

Excellent job on this book Luca!

Rich
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3167 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks Rich glad you like it! Hope you will have time to read all!
Just to clarify, that the pdf is not for sale (I had someone asking me if this book will be released as pdf) this why I decided to make a nice hardbound copy to collect all the past pdf and single booklet PLUS, obviously, including great routines as the one from Rich, David Thiel, Osterlind, Harlan,Amirŕ,Nefesch and others great minds!
:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "PSIUKE'" is coming....2013 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL