The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2012 entrée: Max Krause » » How do you start the creative process? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Max. You are very intelligent in the design of your created effects. How do you start the process!

Ryan
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi Ryan,

Good question sir!

It's funny but my process is really quite simple. I keep an open mind to everything around me. I honestly never know where an idea is going to come from. Sometimes it's a plot I just decide I want to tackle after seeing a performance that strikes a cord with me. I could be based off of an experience I had at some point in time.

As far as actually creating the physical effect, I try to make sure that I spend as much time as possible making sure that what I am creating is practical and above all else something I would use in my own personal performances. Once I have a concept down then I start thinking about the best way to implement it. Then it is a matter of making up several iterations in some cases until I have something that I feel is worth presenting to an audience. Then I go out and start road testing it to see if I am getting the reactions I expect. I always design my effects with the eye and mind of a layman. I want it to be something that resonates with them first and foremost. Fooling other performers is that last thing on my mind although it does happen on occasion. Smile

When I am satisfied that it is a "worker" I share it with a select few to make sure I am not reinventing the wheel. After I have done the necessary research that is when everyone finally gets an opportunity to see the finished project.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Ryan,

Here is a primary example of what I mean. Read this thread. Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=319&5

The process has already begun!
Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2012 entrée: Max Krause » » How do you start the creative process? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL