The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Organizer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
I've recently acquired some management e-books and after reading a bit, many of them recommend having a database organizer for clients and such.

Not only I found one, but also gave it another function besides storing my clients info.

Building my own magic backup! You can create your own categories with checkboxes and stuff. As many of you, I perform in very different situations. So here are the categories I use to fill my magic lybrary.

Name
Source (Author/s)
Requires Table (yes/no)
What is it checkboxes (opener/filler/closer)
Audience checkboxes (kids/adults)
Size checkboxes (close-up / parlor / stage)
Notes

It always happens after finishing a gig I say to myself: "I forgot about that trick, that would have been great for this occation!"

Even if you already know your repertoire, you can store tricks you have already performed once and start building a "worker lybrary"

I did this with ZOHO creator https://www.zoho.com/creator/ It's free for small uses like this one.

This helped me a lot when it comes to build a repertoire. I hope that it can help you also.

p.s.: It's an online app, so you don't need to install anything.
David Marcus
View Profile
New user
3,375.97 miles outside of Paris, France.
81 Posts

Profile of David Marcus
That is a very good idea, and reminder for those of us who have not been doing or keeping up with it. Many of us probably even have such an application already. I have Microsoft Office, which includes Access. That would work, if I'd get started.

Thanks for bringing the idea to mind.
“Next to music, beer was best.” - Carson McCullers
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
First I was considering FilePro Maker but as Access, it was very difficult for me, since I've never used access or excel.

this app is very easy to use!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Organizer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL