The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spectral Christmas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi,

So, who is going to do a tradiomal ghost story ala M R James for Yuletide ?

I'm working on various ideas with many alcohol spirits in my study with a roaring flame as the concept. I'm not even Christian but I love the Yule log, the Christmas carol ghost, and the concept of a gathering with hot and cold drinks and mystic tales.... My wide relented and will let me do spirit magic at last outside of th corners of my den Smile

Hues with kids and a dog, you eventually crack and say sure, what's a demon ghost or ancient god or extradimensional entity going to add to the chaos... S long as hey clean up after themselves and send a thank you note afterwards....

What are you all up to? Anyone allowed by their families to go all darkly ghostly for the season?

Dr S sitting by the sea in the Dominican Republic, dreaming of cold, ice, darkness and demons (what else does one do when on vacation????)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
It is cold, a high mountain of ice, you are on a ridge, overlooking a sea of cloud in the gap--and now, a boat, a ship in the clouds...not a demon, the Prince of Sorrows sets out, sword raised high, he slashes-- to cut weakness from you ?..He screams in the frigid air, and the sound of the eagle fills the horizons...
Will you begin this, approach him, join him?
Very few of us are born with true courage--most of us must develop it slowly, cautiously--
You have been issued a challenge--is it time for a leap? Will you answer?
A gift is offered you!
JessicaSilver
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of JessicaSilver
Keep rubbing it in Dr. S... Smile

You've seen Christopher Lee's Ghost Stories for Christmas, no doubt? Preferable to any of the dramatizations, as far as I'm concerned. More atmospheric. And I could listen to that man for hours.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2012-12-19 02:14, Balaram wrote:
It is cold, a high mountain of ice, you are on a ridge, overlooking a sea of cloud in the gap--and now, a boat, a ship in the clouds...not a demon, the Prince of Sorrows sets out, sword raised high, he slashes-- to cut weakness from you ?..He screams in the frigid air, and the sound of the eagle fills the horizons...
Will you begin this, approach him, join him?
Very few of us are born with true courage--most of us must develop it slowly, cautiously--
You have been issued a challenge--is it time for a leap? Will you answer?
A gift is offered you!

Well, I went scuba diving yesterday - sunken wrecks and the like - no frozen demons yet - but they wait for me this weekend on my return to the frozen icy north... Which I am missing.

Yep, I got all those Christopher lee vids - in fact you can buy a complete set with almost every film adaptation of mr James in a collection set - I suggest every bizarristtreatthemselves to it for Yuletide
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Doc,

Where did you purchase these videos?
I searched the internet (Amazon, etc,) and I can't find them, only online viewing. I rather have DVDs.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Go to the auction site - google there - but if you just google m r James DVD set you'll get a few hits

Aside: my 7 and 4 year old girls have memorised the snow vampire story in the tom kwaidan for telling at our party - were going to tell spooky stories all night with their friends Smile - plus some spooky knockings and such
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Thanks.

Your party sounds like the 'place to be'!
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I still like the idea of doing a modern ghost story in the style of M.R. James. Think it was discussed a while back on here. I usually test a few bits of new material amongst freinds on our traditional Christmas Eve drink out at the pub. Have to have a look and see what I fancy trying this year. I've got something quite personal around a mining lamp I've been thinking about, but its probably not a good one as I'd have to carry the thing about.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Heh

W got kid versions of kwaidan, Dorian Gray, the golden arm, the hound by hpl, a story from the night gallery, come whistle m r James and more Smile
JessicaSilver
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of JessicaSilver
Parenting. You're doing it right.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I like the kiddies versions of Lovecraft. Who could be finer than mighty Cthulhu to put them to bed?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Where-Deep-Ones-......89781031
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Baby kthulhu rulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spectral Christmas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL