The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Putting together a show need help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ctpuppet
View Profile
New user
east hartford ct
56 Posts

Profile of ctpuppet
I live in CT and after recent events I just feel I need to do something to help. My thought was after the holidays and all the funerals are done, I would like to put a show together. If for nothing else but to give everyone a time to laugh and take there minds off what has happened. The thought was for a family style show. I was thinking a mix of vent magic. Like around a 2 hr show with different vents and magicians. So am I crazy is this possible to do?
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I think that is an incredible idea. I'd suggest you set it up as a charity to benefit the PTA or first responders. I'm willing to bet you'd find plenty of performers who would love to perform in the show. The show is the easy part - it would likely fall on you to arrange the venue, advertising and ticket distribution. You may want to check with local VFW's or Lions's Clubs to see if they would be a co-sponsor to help handle the business end.

Good luck - let us know how it goes!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

ctpuppet
View Profile
New user
east hartford ct
56 Posts

Profile of ctpuppet
You are right and I should have been clearer I am not going to make anything on this show and I don't want to. It just wouldn't be right. Truthfully I was thinking about free admission.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I'm on Long Island and would be delighted to help. However, I do not perform for kids. If you're doing a show for first responders, please let me know.

Bob

ventriloquist@mac.com
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I believe you'd get greater support from the community by doing something that would benefit the victims and community in some manner. Otherwise, you are just doing a show. People need to laugh all the time, but tying the program to a good cause will not only help people, but generate an audience that may not attend due to the everyday stresses of their own lives. If you don't want to charge admission, make it a donation based attendance fee so people can pay what they want. Don't sell yourself or the other acts that participate short. You've got talent and can use it for the greater good!
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

ctpuppet
View Profile
New user
east hartford ct
56 Posts

Profile of ctpuppet
Bob ty I will keep that in mind.

Tacrowl I think you are completely right. I like the idea of a donation based entry fee. I know you are right about tying the event to a cause, I myself have gone to events only because of the cause it supports that I otherwise would not have gone to.

I called a local radio station here because they put on about 5 or so concerts of there on every year. They are going to have someone call me tomorrow but said they want onboard
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I think what you are attempting to do is wonderfull!
Good Luck!
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Putting together a show need help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL