The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2012 entrée: Max Krause » » Advice for an amateur » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I do free shows for elderly, hospitals, and some organizations. I own a very successful business, so magic is a side passion. I really just like to entertain people who coulld use a laugh or escape. What thoughts do you have for amateurs like me?
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
1KJ,

I think that is fantastic! There is no other art like magic that can have a more postive or healing effect in my humble opinion. Our gift of creating wonder and laughter is great medicine. The best advice I can give you is make your audience part of the show. The more you can include them the better. Choose effects that you can perform with complete confidence so you can focus on presentation and of course choose effects that cater to the type of audience you are performing for.

Do only the amount of magic you feel comfortable doing. Don't feel like you have to perform every single effect you know. Less is more and it makes them keep coming back for more.

Last but not least, just have fun!

If there is anything more specific I can answer for you don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Max
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thank you. Good advice. I try to get as many people involved as I can. One routine I do is a madlib mystery. The audience members create the story and play the various roles. I like to have audience members play the magic roles as well. That seems to work well with mentalism effects. I also really like magic that leaves a souvenir. However, I don't want to leave something that soeone might consider trash. I've always thought that a card with the participants signature is probably trash to them. I like things like cards with an inspiring quote, origami, little gems, etc. I like the linking rubber band hearts effect. What ideas do you have regarding gifts?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I also like humorous gifts like free "b"s. I would love more ideas.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Mad LIbs is a very clever idea. There are so many ways that can go creating a different experience every time.

My Effect Unholey leaves them with an incredible souvenier and of course if you combine that with my MBS and ENVELOPE'D there is not much you can follow it with. You have to PM for more details on this one though. Smile

Your inspiring quote idea just gave me an idea for a new effect. I am going to play around with this idea and then once I work out all the details I will give you the first one! I think you are going to love this and my mind is racing as I sit here thinking about it. This goes right back to what I was saying before about inspiration. I never know where it is going to come from. Tonight it's you!

Kind regards,
Max
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thank you. I am looking forward to it!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
It will be much sooner than you think! Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Nice to talk to you today! I am SO excited about the new idea we discussed! I think it is going to be an amazing system with the most awesome souvenir ever! I can't believe it is not out there. Thank you for including me in the credits and I look forward to it when it comes out. I think it will be a must have for every magician out there, amateur or pro.
I ordered unholely, mbs, and enveloped. I look forward to them. I am stoked you have been the guest of honor. Thx.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
1KJ,

It was truly a pleasure speaking to you as well. I am sending you your shopping list for MBS as we speak and I will be shipping out Unholey and ENVELOPE'D tomorrow. I am super excited about this new project too. Thank you again for taking the time to ask me a few questions on here as well. Glad I could be of assistance. This is what it's all about.

All the best!
Max
Ikswonilak
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Ikswonilak
I'm also an amateur who performs for sharing this wonder-ful art with those who otherwise don't have access to it. I try to use inspirational quotes with several effects to add a bit of a little punch, emotionally. My curiosity is sparked by the above conversation. When can we learn more?

AK
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
AK,

I already have the wheels in motion and hope to have something more to share in just a few short weeks. I will be posting the details on my site.

Kind regards,
Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2012 entrée: Max Krause » » Advice for an amateur » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL