The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 12-21-12 Bizarre End of The World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
What bizarre “End of The World” pieces you bizarrists performing?

I had been working on a Mayan-themed invocation ritual for the End (with Chthuluan overtones!) to share with my friends. Alas, I had to cancel the gig due to real life. Now I'm sad as it a one in a lifetime chance (to really creep out some guests).

Please cheer me up and tell me about your bizarre plans for tomorrow.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2149 Posts

Profile of RCP
There will be another end of the world soon enough. Never under estimate the stupid.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-12-20 16:36, RCP wrote:
There will be another end of the world soon enough. Never under estimate the stupid.

Exactly! RCP, you beat me to it again. . .

On a side note, it's my sobriety birthday (25 years), so I'm gonna celebrate! I'll probably drink a case of NA beer and smoke a pack of electronic cigarettes! Then I'm gonna perform the linking rings for my mom!

Anyone else?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
That's cuz somehow all the people who believe it will end tomorrow will, on the following day, realise their belief and prayers and supplications averted the disaster

Been happening for a while

Aren't we lucky Smile

Hmmm....that gives me an idea!!!!!!!!

If we are all here Saturday I might share it
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
Quote:
On 2012-12-20 17:20, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-20 16:36, RCP wrote:

...On a side note, it's my sobriety birthday (25 years)..."

:thumbsup:
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Quote:

On a side note, it's my sobriety birthday (25 years), so I'm gonna celebrate! I'll probably drink a case of NA beer and smoke a pack of electronic cigarettes! Then I'm gonna perform the linking rings for my mom!

Anyone else?

Congratulations Jorey.
I'm surprised I haven't driven you to drink yet, but give it time.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1717 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Jorey, an awesome accomplishment! Congrats!!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, gentleman!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1481 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2012-12-20 19:15, afinemesh wrote:
Thank you, gentleman!

Good job mate!!!
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1481 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I was down in the Yucatan about a year and a half ago, and most of the Mayan guides were telling people what the calendar was all about... the end of an era, not the end of the earth. It didn't matter... I still heard other tourists talking about coming back for an end of the world event. Sometimes I have to reflect that this same attitude is what also makes it possible for us to fool the general public. A dark circle it is indeed.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
My wife (she's Japanese) showed me something funny. It was a Japanese magazine that had "The end of the world!" on the cover and underneath it in the corner, it said "subscribe here for our January New Years issue"
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
@afinemesh - What a fine thing to celebrate for the 21st.

Last week I was dining with a friend (one who could not come to my invocation ritual to Bring Forth The End). She spent a few months in Belize last year and got to know a modern Mayan. She was telling me of the re-occurring conversation they would have when anyone asked him about the event. He would lean over to her and repeat in a humorous and non-judgemental way "Stupid white people; they won't listen to what we [Maya] say". It was his way of saying "gullible tourists will believe whatever they want to even though they have been told the significance". Sorry I can't express the cadence, tone, and accent of his original statement; it was that that make the story funny.

I will save the Blood Writing practice I did for the next End of the World.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Con-grats, Jorey ! Smile
I will raise my 'Nog Egg', to you!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Gary! Smile

Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
Tonight I gonna perform on a party.
I do two short stageshows, mentalism dealing with time.
It ain't the end of times, it's the end of time.
First a prediction then a b00ktest  proving Bram Stooker is among us.
The second show I do hypnotism, looping in time with Puzz1eP@r@dox.
Off stage I'll do Till de@th do us part, a S@nctum routine, H@unted deck & key, Lun@ and The Re1ic (made of cursed Maya silver).
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment!

No End-of-the-World type performance here for me, but I'm itching to use this Kador set for some Fortune-telling with the new era now upon us.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
626 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I was very surprised to see the NatGeo channel promoting new episodes of Doomsday Preppers coming in January. Don't they have faith in their product?

I'm still convinced the world can be saved if only my wife would let me get a (real) monkey. Until then, yes, I have end of the world effects in my shows tonight and tomorrow. One is a preduction of how the world will end and the other is Apocalypse Bingo.

Oh well, at least we still have the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse to look forward to.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2012-12-21 08:40, espkeith wrote:
No End-of-the-World type performance here for me, but I'm itching to use this Kador set for some Fortune-telling with the new era now upon us.

Bah! Meant "Kadar" - serves me right for posting before the coffee was done brewing. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 12-21-12 Bizarre End of The World (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL