The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick - fabulous street magic (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Thanks MagicManamana... I've got a few of these left, but it's a limited run at this point. So if you guys want to get The Stupid Bean Trick, jump on it. Once they are gone, they are gone. Thanks in advance and thanks for all the amazing reviews and discussions on this effect. I know that there are a lot of pros that don't want another one sold. I can understand why. Anyway, go ahead and sell me out and that will be that... Go to: http://www.BrotherPaulMagic.com and learn more and
make your order.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Just ordered one of these, really looking forward to learning and working it
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 15:43, rowland wrote:

And you will not be disappointed!
Enjoy. Smile
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 15:53, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 15:43, rowland wrote:

And you will not be disappointed!
Enjoy. Smile

I am sure I won't be.
Just want to say a huge thank you to Brother Paul who answered all my questions about it and went out of his way to be helpfull.
A true gent who loves his art.
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Thank you TheGreatRaymondo... I am pretty proud of this production and am very thankful and grateful for the support of the magicians here on The Magic Café.

These discussions, reviews and comments are like using TripAdviser. People talking to people without any corporate filtering. It's important for the creators and users of effects and products. I'm in hopes that you are putting The Stupid Bean Trick to good use. It's treated me well for a couple of decades now.

Have fun and continue to spread the Magic.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-01-13 00:17, John C wrote:
Watch the video. Isn't that proof enough? Review what? It's what it is. A stupid bean trick!!

I'm getting one soon. My review will be watch the video.

J

Well a few months ago I said I was getting one. I should receive it today. Not that it took that long to get to me. I just ordered it a few days ago. Fortunately for me Bro Paul live in the same state.

Can't wait.

John
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
After emailing Brother Paul about some questions regarding this, all of which were answered very promptly I took the plunge and ordered it. I live in the UK but it only took six days to arrive. It was well packed and arrived in perfect condition. Having said that all the items are tough and should give many years of service something which I feel probably stems from the fact that this is a product that is used on a regular basis on the streets.
Everything you need to perform this is in the package, except for the wand and water so no need to go searching your magic draw or shops for anything.
I had watched the online video many times and had worked out what I thought was the method being used, (I am sure other magicians will do the same)
I thought that I could probably build something that would work but take my advice forget it. When you watch the DVD it becomes obvious that after probably thousands of performances every little thing has been worked out, things that are not apparent from watching the video. Some of these things seem small but they make performing the effect so much easier, any issues that have come about through all these performances have been ironed out and refined to leave you with the finished article.
I am a tinkerer, many tricks that I have bought I end up altering to improve them for my purpose but this trick doesn't need any of that which is refreshing you just need to watch the DVD and practice.
The DVD has not been shot in some fancy studio but everything is explained in great detail and is easy to follow, Brother Paul comes across as a genuine nice guy who is rightly proud of this trick. Credits are given which again is nice to see.
You get a full performance plus a breakdown on how to set up the trick, how to make the special something ( one is included and will probably last years but if you want to adapt the trick for something else it is very easy to make and the products required to make this will be easy to find probably anywhere in the world, I know without looking I already have them) it also shows how to pack away after performing nothing is left out.
This is not at all difficult to do, and is probably within the skill level of anyone reading this, but like every good effect it is all about practice and getting the presentation right.
As you can tell I am very happy with my purchase as is a friend of mine who ordered at the same time.
I don't know how long this will be available for but I am very happy to have picked this up when I did, in fact I wish I had bought it ages ago when it was first released.
I can see myself performing this a lot, I do a lot of weddings and as a special something for the top table I will be turning rice into wine to toast the bride and groom.
The perfect trick probably doesn't exist but this comes pretty close as far as I am concerned and I am so glad I didn't try to make my own.
One of my favourite tricks to perform is Pop Hydens teleportation device and I can see in time this will be right up there with it. I can't give it a better recommendation than that.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I agree completely with Rowland. This is a wonderful effect, can be used many different ways, silent, with patter, story telling. But the magic is there.

Heavy duty props, no angles, cleans up immediately. Just a ton of fun.

If you are on the fence, get off it and get one.

Plus you can go sailing with Bro Paul, he's a sailboat captain. Bro, my son and I will be scheduling 4 hours I hope before the end of summer.

I love it!!

J
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, since I cannot find a teleportation device any longer, think I will go with the Bean....
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-07-28 10:42, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Well, since I cannot find a teleportation device any longer, think I will go with the Bean....

Lol you won't regret it, get one while you still can
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Just ordered it, rowland- thanks for the nudge...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-07-28 14:43, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

My pleasure you have just ordered a beautiful piece of magic. Let me know what you think when you get it.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Will do!
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Quote:
On 2013-07-28 14:43, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

Mystoffelees: Hope you package arrived safely. If you had any problems, let me know. I'm here for you. Also if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to drop me a line or give me a call. Thanks again for the order.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
159 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
I received the package 2 months ago. Now I found the time to open my new purchase – yes, I take my time!
Its a great piece of magic and is worth every penny.
You get everything for a great meal! – I miss the potatoes:-)

Thank you BrotherPaul

RGood
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I had the good fortune to bump into Bro. Paul this past weekend at the Mn Ren Faire. We had a really great discussion about the SBT and he offered up some amazing ideas for me to consider using in my presentation. The gimmick has so much potential for other ways to go with the routine as a whole. I'm going to be working it to better fit my character and style of presentation.

Bro. Paul is a real first class guy. It's a true pleasure to own this gem of a prop.
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
RGood: You're welcome. I had a recipe I was going to put on the DVD and in text in the box, but... There's just so much you can do with beans and Ro Tel.

Pizpor: Great to see you too. Your show is killing and your persona is, well, how should I put this... I'd throw money in your hat because you fit into a category where I'm not sure what to do. I feel sorry for you, at the same time you made me laugh till it hurt. Great show, don't change a thing.

If any of you have questions about other uses for the Stupid Bean Trick, don't hesitate to contact me. Pizpor brought up some valid issues he had with his persona and the strength of the effect. Never thought that would be a problem, but for Pizpor it was. I gave him some ideas that should solve it or at least confuse it. Which in his case, may be the best direction.

I also have to thank you all for your kind words and support, ideas and thoughts. It's all good. Real good.

In any case, I'm always here for you, you have my email or you can contact me from the site. All my contact information is there.

May hearts be light and hats be heavy...
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Quote:
On 2013-09-26 10:45, bropaul wrote:

Pizpor: I'd throw money in your hat because you fit into a category where I'm not sure what to do. I feel sorry for you, at the same time you made me laugh till it hurt.

Brother Paul - coming from you, that is the absolutely highest compliment! Thanks!
I'll let you know what I come up with for the transformation. So far, that darn trick is just way to strong.

(PS. Maybe we could talk you into re-releasing your video. My VHS copy is wearing thin.)
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
What a great piece of magic! The master gimmick is made with craftsmanship and will last a lifetime. The almost hour long DVD explains everything from the history, preparation, performance, and clean-up. After watching the DVD I emailed Brother Paul and he answered all my questions. It is key to watch the DVD closely and more than once. It will take some practice to perform, but it requires no slight of hand. The price of $250.00 might scare some people away and I hope it does. No offense to you Brother Paul, but this is a killer magic trick and I don't want my competition to perform it. This trick boggles the mind, and it's my best purchase of 2013.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
What a great piece of magic! Quality props and fantastic teaching from a real pro. It is obvious that Bro. Paul has been working this one for years. I've made a couple of changes and am putting it into my show. I won't give you the whole presentation except for two words...coffee break.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick - fabulous street magic (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL