The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick - fabulous street magic (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I was thinking about coating jelly beans. There's a clear rubber dip you can use. You could probably stick a pin in the jelly bean and dip it and hang it to dry. The problem is that you've got something that looks like it's edible but isn't. A child would easily pick one of these up and try to eat it and end up eating the coating too.

Another low tech option is to use regular beans but color them and they would look like jelly beans at a distance. Just spread them on a sheet of newspaper and spray paint them flip them and spray again. If you have a light colored bean you might be able to color it with food coloring by putting them and some food coloring in a bag and mixing them around and then allowing them to dry. I'm skeptical if this will work but it might be worth trying. If someone tried to eat this it would just be the same as eating a dry bean.
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
I closed a show in a big theater last night with the SBT. The gasps were audible, and the applause amazing.
This thing really gets them.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
I hate being in Australia where shipping cost 1/4 of the item itself.
Anything is Possible
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Any chance of one being for sale?
Thanks!
Carl
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 17:04, CarlEJones wrote:
Any chance of one being for sale?
Thanks!
Carl

Never seen a second hand one,I waited ages before I gave up and bought a new one. So glad I did.
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I think you are probably right, Rowland. Thank you.
Carl
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Quote:
On 2013-11-06 15:03, Marc DeSouza wrote:
What a great piece of magic! Quality props and fantastic teaching from a real pro. It is obvious that Bro. Paul has been working this one for years. I've made a couple of changes and am putting it into my show. I won't give you the whole presentation except for two words...coffee break.

Mark: Thanks for the nice words. I want to remind everyone that The Stupid Bean Trick comes with MY routine. PLEASE remember that this thing is versatile. Start thinking...

Sure Beans to water (included routine)
Grapes to wine
Coffee Beans to Coffee
Rice to water
Kumquats to orange juice
etc.

Now let's change it up a bit...

You not only can change solids to liquids, but with a little imagination you can do so much more. Think solid to solid. Here's a couple of examples...

Black beans to white beans
Rice to Beans
Rice to salt
Salt to pepper
Beans to lemon (then cut it open to find a lost bill)
Pennys to dimes
etc.

So don't get stuck on the routine I teach you. You can do so much more.

Also change around the bowl and martini glass to other objects that fit your style, persona and routine. Think!

So many combinations. Just think it through. Man-o-man, I love this trick. Have fun with it and it will serve you so very well.

I just put a gimmick together for an eco performer with a bag of small broken electronic parts changing to a new circuit board. So don't think this thing is just beans to water. It's just a vehicle to perform magical transformations. It's all up to you.

For all of you that have purchased The Stupid Bean Trick, I want to personally thank you for your notes, emails and ideas. Continue to perform "Good" magic and be sure and keep your secrets close to the vest. She will give you a lifetime of wonder.
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
This routine is golden for me. Under the hot stage lights, I make sure to drink that whole glass of water. Easily the best purchase I made this year and will definitely be in EVERY stage show I do. Going to save up my pennies to buy another one just to have a spare.
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I bought it tonight. It appeals to me on many levels. I even had close friends (non magicians) watch his youtube clips of the trick to see if they thought it was a good fit for me. They gave it a resounding yes!

Looking forward to getting it!!

Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
I just ordered the SBT this morning, after Bro. Paul quickly and graciously responded to a couple of questions I had. I really can't wait to practice this and make it a keystone piece in my act.

Bro. Paul -- if you ever sail up into the Chesapeake, please drop me a line. I'll make sure you have plenty of beer, MD. blue crab, fresh striper and some home-cooked bean soup.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Can I come? I love to sail (and all the rest)...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
It arrived today!! It was dropped at my door so all I could do was put it on my desk and run out the door. Can't wait to get home and open it up!!

CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I watched the video and checked out the props. Cool!!!!!

Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 10:49, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Can I come? I love to sail (and all the rest)...

Certainly -- magic, music and the bay, it doesn't get much better imho.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
The short time I've spent with this has been enough to let me know this was a terrific purchase!!

Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Just had a nice conversation with Brother Paul and then ordered the Stupid Bean Trick.

Can't wait to get this stupid trick! (ha!)
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
Thanks everyone for the kind words about The Stupid Bean Trick. I'm getting emails and phone calls from all over the world and I'm very pleased that it's fitting into some of the greatest hands in magic. I know Paul Fox is smiling and I'm happy to have, what I consider, made some improvements in the gimmick and the flow of the trick.

Some of the ideas and emails I'm getting are making me laugh. There are some very creative people out there that have recognized that this piece is pretty versatile and can do so much more than I have done with it. Some have made in unrecognizable from the original "idea" that I've put out there. I'm proud of you all for putting your twist and efforts into this piece of magic. It's surprising, but it is what I hoped for in the beginning.

Be sure and reference my post from November 15th above. It will get your juices flowing and remember you can remake or change the props easily. Keep thinking... She's still available at the website below.

Continue on with the process and let me know how things are going. I love hearing from you on this thread and also privately. Contact me if you have questions or comments. I'm here for you.

Once again thank you for all your kind support. The Magic Café crowd are the best in the world.

Good luck and continued success...
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Brother Paul's newest release is out, The Street Rope Trick.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Well this came in on Wed. Very fast shipping I must say. It only took two days. Everthing packed very nice. Everything you need to perform this comes right out of the box. You will need your own wand and table. The props are very well made and very nice I might add. Top dollar was put into these. Also comes with a D.V.D that's gives you everything. The history of the effect and also pointers on perfroming this. Is it worth 250.00 dollars???? Its worth more. Money well spent. Now to put this baby to work. I will not perform this for a few months because I want to give this everything it has to bring to everyone. Not that using any of the props are hard to learn. Very easy I must say but I really want to make this effect my own. Nice job Bro Paul. Smile
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Is there a link where we can see the effect performed?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick - fabulous street magic (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL