The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » New Youtube project: Magic Without Barriers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1088 Posts

Profile of Nash
Hi gang.

I don't know where to post this, but consider this project will be strolling mainly I guess I'll put it here Smile
I'm working on a Youtube project featuring street magic with a twist: Instead of using crazy CG effects, I wanna focus on the true magic in magic:
How it can break down language barrier and connect us all - so I'll be doing magic while speaking Chinese and see if my audiences still enjoy it?

Here's a pilot episode I shot yesterday, let me know what you think guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B5SZXn_ss8&feature=youtu.be

Merry X'mas gang Smile
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate event magician
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very neat experiment nash
hand movement and face gestoring is universal my friend.
todd
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Nash, right from your opening, you have such charisma and personality on camera.

I LOVED that you performed speaking Chinese. And they loved you and your magic.

I'm now a Fung Fan!
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
Nash, great Job. I have a posting I attached a link to below. I ran into a potential issue performing at a club in Boston, the girls were Japanese and didn't speak English much at all. I thought it made a great story though how it worked out. Good luck with this, I love it!!

http://malden.patch.com/blog_posts/a-smi......nd-words
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1088 Posts

Profile of Nash
Thank you so much for the kind words so far Smile
I have a couple more effects that think will work great in this series, even a mind-reading trick Smile
Looking forward for more, and please, if you can, please share this video on social media, I'll absolutely appreciate all your help!

Corporate event magician
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
That's an awesome project. great to see such talent in my town! I've just shared it with my Google+ circles (can't remember how many exactly but it's somewhere north of 1000).

way (way, way!) back in the day when I was a mere sprog of 17 and was table-hopping at a pizza parlor at Jantzen Beach (just across the Columbia from Vancouver, WA) I approached a table with two ladies and started into my usual spiel about who I was and how I'd like to do a magic show for them.

one of them held up her hand to stop me, grabbed a nearby pencil and pad of paper, and wrote down that they were both deaf. I was stunned for a moment and more than a bit embarrassed... mainly because such a situation had never entered my callow young mind. but then it hit me that magic could be such a visual art. I managed to select stuff from my repertoire that wasn't necessarily story-based and, using gestures and smiles, did a show for them.

their delighted reaction is still, nearly 40 years later, one of my most precious memories.

I have a pretty nice and very portable audio recorder and two matching video cams. if you'd like a bit of help with this project PM me. I'd love to be a part of such an endeavor.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1088 Posts

Profile of Nash
Thanks Howlinhobbit : -)

That was a vrey nice story!!! I'm sure the ladies appreciate you taking the time to think outside the box and gave them a fantastic performance!
I have the new audio recorder but really thank you so much for the offer. Meanwhile, if you know how to make the seattle weather better OR know of an indoor location outside of Alderwood mall that I can do filming without getting kicked out by the securities, let me know : )

Corporate event magician
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Like.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
510 Posts

Profile of jcigam
That was great! You really captured what all magician's should be striving for.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Nash,

at most malls if you get permission from management or get one of the stores to sponsor you, they will let you stay. Nice job by the way.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Nice job Nash. Or were you performing as Who U Fooln? ;>)
Would Chinese coins or bills to a different set of coins or currency work?

Good luck and Happy New Year.
John
Nothing is better than more.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Great episode! more please!
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
That was great Nash, I really enjoyed watching that. Please keep us all posted when you do more.

Here's wishing you and your family a truly Happy New Year.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1088 Posts

Profile of Nash
Thank you so much for all the kind words and suggestions regarding effects and getting mall permission.
If all is well and the weather holds up, I might be able to shoot more vids this Saturday at the historic Pike Place Market in Seattle Smile

Corporate event magician
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 18:50, Nash wrote:
If all is well and the weather holds up, I might be able to shoot more vids this Saturday at the historic Pike Place Market in Seattle Smile

talk to any of the "market masters" (there's 6 or so of them) at Pike Place. you can find them in the PDA office, which is right by the turn in Post Alley just north of the gum wall.

you may be able to video in the "Atrium" area, which is indoors.

P.M. me if you need further details.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
832 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Great Job!
I'm from Malaysia, where people speak many languages, and know for a fact that Magic is enjoyed regardless of language.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Very nicely done. Goes to show you that magic is more about who you are than what we say.
Life of Magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » New Youtube project: Magic Without Barriers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL