The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HOW TO CONTROL YOUR SHOW SOUND FOR $1.99 (Crossfade, AutoPause) WITH YOUR IPHONE/IPAD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
I have a Holiday present for everyone.

After some time I convinced an App developer to add features to his app for controlling music for our show control.
The app has Auto Pause after every song, crossfades, it just works. No more “BLANK” songs between tracks. It works perfectly with the iphone 4, and IPAD . Still have not tested Iphone 3gs. And works perfectly with the regular off the shelve IJet.

The Iphone/ipad/ipod app is called PLAYMyQ HD
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playmyq-......056?mt=8
It is $1.99

APP SETTINGS

Music Library
-Use Whole library-Set to ON

Play Ques
-Allow duplicates- Set to ON
-Autofill when empty- Set to OFF
-Repeat queue- Set to ON
-Pause after each song- Set to ON
-Already Played max count- Unlimited

Player settings
-Normalize volume-Set to OFF
-Crossfade songs-Set to OFF
-Crossfade time for next/previous- Adjust to your crossfade liking
-Use basic player DRM protected songs-Set to OFF

Shared Player- Guest Restrictions
-Guests may reorder- Set to OFF

As always, you need the Ijet remote, here is the one I recommend:
http://www.buyijet.com/inav-boss-v2-black-remote-ijet.html

Pushing Next Track on the remote will Pause the song (with fade) and que to the next song.
Then hit Play to play the song. Easy two button operation.
Mess with the App for 30 minutes and you’ll learn how to use it.

I will appreciate if you can POST and share your review of the app in this thread.
Happy Holidays Everyone
G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I have a couple of questions about this app. (I haven't purchased it yet because I won't be able to use it with my iPad Mini until I get a 30-pin to Lightning adapter yet.) First, can you save multiple playlists to use with it? (i.e. I have different shows and each has its own playlist.) Second, are you still able to control the volume with the iJet remote using this app?

Thanks,
Michael
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Michael,

Yes and Yes.

The volume in the remote still works and the app supports ITunes created playlist and you can also Save playlists in the app. Plus it's only $1.99. I highly recommend it.

It works for show control, however the GUI is not super pretty but it works.

Buy it, follow my directions. If you don't like it, I'll personally Paypal you the refund myself for wasting your time.

G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Thanks, G. I went ahead and downloaded it. It looks like it will work well on my iPad Mini. Thank you for listing exactly what settings to use! That would have taken some trial and error to figure it all out.

I'll give this a full review it when I get the 30-pin adapter so I can try out my iJet remote on my iPad. (I've been using the remote with a Nano.)

The one thing I did notice is that, if I switch to full screen on the iPad, the display won't show the controls properly or the custom song artwork I created for each song. It starts fine with the first song but goes to the app icon on the second song and the play/pause control icon stays showing that it's paused. I certainly won't complain for the money but it will be nice if that can be fixed. That way I'll be able to easily see what song it's on from a distance.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Michael,

If it is not showing Album art in full screen mode.

Change the "album" mp3 tag in iTunes and re sync.
Example "album" tag to Square Circle or the trick.

Also the touch screen controls disappear in full screen mode
but the app is controlled by the Ijet remote.

My friend is a juggler and he uses it with
an IPad, full screen mode and different album art.

Also the developer has a Free trial version of the app to try
but I have no idea how limited it is or the features that don't work.

Additionally their is another $1.99 app that has auto pause,
and album art support but way less features like playlist
support and fade out.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Here is a Link On Editing Mp3 Tags

http://www.ehow.com/how_2093626_create-e......nes.html

Here is the Link for the Free-Trial Version of the App

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playmyq-......283?mt=8

Now you can try out the App and see it Auto Pause but Full Screen and Crossfade (fadeout) is disabled in the Free version. See the Settings above.

You need the $1.99 paid version called PlayMyQ HD for full screen and crossfade.

I am not making a single penny besides your thanks for sharing this info.

G
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Thanks for all the great information on this. I really appreciate it!

This will be a big step up from using the remote with silent tracks in between. I really missed the ability to automatically fade a song!
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
IPHONE 5/Ipad Mini

Iphone 5, Ipad Mini and future Apple products are going to be using the "new" lighting connector and not the 30pin connector.

You will need a "Lightning to 30 pin adapter" to get the IJet receiver (30pin) to work. This adapter will not be necessary if IJet releases a lighting Ijet receiver sometime in the future. Presently as of 12/26/2012 it is only 30pin.

According to IJet reps a lighting receiver will be available by Feb. 2013.
G
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
This app is great at a great price. I am using it on my ipad2 as well as my iphone4.
I was also having trouble displaying my custom artwork and figured out the problem. When I created the ID3 Tag, it was created with a default setting of v2.3. The app needs it to be in v2.4. Happily, this is easy to do. In iTunes, right click on the file and choose Convert ID3 Tags from the context menu.put a checkmark in the ID3 Tag version box and choose v2.4 from the drop down menu and click OK. Hope this helps.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I gotta say, this is impressive. I own ShowCues - I do like it too, but this is incredible value and is pretty close if not as good. One thing I like about this is that it uses a iJET remote. The one thing I have never been able to get a grasp on is that S.C is inconsistant with the remote. I keep thinking I have a faulty remote perhaps, but then I have a string of shows where it works fine. Then I will have one or two where the remote doesn't - or sometimes it takes 2,3 or more times just to get it connected properly.....SC works great without a remote - no doubt, but I just don't 100% trust it yet with a remote and for someone who does this full time and a mass amount of shows, I cant be worrying about that. I really am not trying to put down SC - I do enjoy it, and Carl does great work, but this program has sparked my interest to say the least!

A few things I am wondering about:

1/ Can you make it so that you can change the name of the track within the Que List?
One thing I don't like about S.C. or any player for that matter, is I have different shows but sometimes I use the same song for different routines. Example, perhaps for a birthday show I want 'SONG A' to be called DOVE APPEARANCE, but for my adult show I want the same song (SONG A) for NEWSPAPER. Will there be any way of making this possible, and saving the Que so I don't have to make that edit for every show or every time I use it?

2/ Is there anyway to make the track titles bigger? Perhaps go to a LANDSCAPE MODE with the same layout, this way I can see it from a distance. I use an iPad for bigger theatre shows, but I still don't think it will be easy to see from a 15+ foot distance....

All I am really asking is, will there be updates or is this the finished product?. It works great man! Well done!
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
Apple restricts what you can do on the device as far as filenames go. You can go into iTunes, make a copy of the track and change the file name in the tag data (you must change it in the tag, just changing the name you save it under won't do it as your device will read the filename from the tag). Then in your music you will have two identical sound files with different names. You choose which one you want in your playlist on the device.

The way to show the name larger so you can see it across the platform is to create custom Album Art that is simply the name created in any graphics program and saved as a 300x300 jpeg. See my earlier post about it needing to be in ID3 Tag v2.4
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I think I'd rather have bigger text over album art. Text is everything IMO. I can do the copy track no prob. The only thing I think could be improved is the text size. Creating album art for each track is likely something people won't do or have time to do. Regardless, great app man.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-12-31 01:03, Bradacal wrote:
I think I'd rather have bigger text over album art. Text is everything IMO. I can do the copy track no prob. The only thing I think could be improved is the text size. Creating album art for each track is likely something people won't do or have time to do. Regardless, great app man.

You can make custom artwork for your song album art that is text. I create a 600 pixel by 600 pixel (72 PPI) in Photoshop and fill it with color. (I use blue.) Then I put my text on it and save it. Here's how you replace the album art in iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-itune......s-1.html

Here's what mine looks like for one of my tracks:
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-12-30 22:58, bstokes wrote:
This app is great at a great price. I am using it on my ipad2 as well as my iphone4.
I was also having trouble displaying my custom artwork and figured out the problem. When I created the ID3 Tag, it was created with a default setting of v2.3. The app needs it to be in v2.4. Happily, this is easy to do. In iTunes, right click on the file and choose Convert ID3 Tags from the context menu.put a checkmark in the ID3 Tag version box and choose v2.4 from the drop down menu and click OK. Hope this helps.

Apparently, you can only change ID3 Tags if the track is an MP3. I have most of mine converted to AAC and the option to change the tag didn't appear. Then, I read this on an Apple forum: "Also, please remember that ID3 Tags are only for MP3/MPEG audio files, and NOT MP4/AAC/Apple Lossless audio files."
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Looks like the size of my album art is larger than it needs to be. As bstokes said above, 300 x 300 pixels is what it should be instead of 600 x 600.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
How would I go about copying a song in iTunes when its already there. Ie...I want to have the same song with two different titles?

Example:

I want 'SONG A' to be used for my Dove Appearance and I also want it titled for my Newspaper Tear.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I figured it out for the Copying of songs.

Question:

I used this for a show today - worked well, however I have about a 15 minute portion of the show that doesn't require any music and the player just started on its own at one point? I didn't push the button either - is there like a 10 minute hold before it automatically starts to play?
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Michael and BStokes,

Thanks for sharing tutorials and have a Happy New Year.

Bradacal,

The software (app) was created by 2no7 Creations
http://playmenext.info/

I am not making a single penny from recommending his app. I emailed him, asked for features and the guy updated his app with the requests.

As for your music automatically playing, I PAUSED a song for over 30 minutes on my iphone 4 and IPad on firmware 5.1.1, and it did not autoplay. If you can recreate the autoplay so its not user error and let us know, then we can contact the developer. You might have found a bug. Let us know if its an Mp3 file, your hardware and ios firmware.

As far as updates, the developer actively updates the app with bug fixes and new bells and whistles.

G
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
DRM PROTECTED MUSIC:

Some music downloaded and bought legally from Itunes has DRM protection (encryption),digital rights management.

DRM protected songs will not play with PlayMyQ HD, they have to be converted to MP3 to make them play.

Yes, even though you bought it, a little annoying if you ask me.

Just read this tutorial or Google the info.

http://www.iskysoft.com/article/remove-d......nes.html
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I have received a few questions that I want to share.......

Is this App being updated?

Yes, the developer is currently updating the App with new features, updates and bug fixes. I am not the developer and I am not making a single penny from the app. The App has many reviews and positive ratings from users.

Does it work with my Ijet remote?

The app should work with your current IJet and other iphone/ipod remote that you may already own.
Download and install the Trial version of the software to try it out.
Here is the Link for the Free-Trial Version of the App

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playmyq-......283?mt=8

Does the App fade the music?

The App fades out the music Only when you press the “Next” button on your remote control. It won’t fade in the beginning of a song or the end, meaning your tracks should have a prebuilt beginning and ending volume drop. Music normally has this.

I have an Iphone 5 or Ipad Mini will the IJet remote work with it?

Iphone 5, Ipad Mini and future Apple products are going to be using the "new" lighting connector and not the 30pin connector.

You will need a "Lightning to 30 pin adapter" to get the IJet receiver (30pin) to work. This adapter will not be necessary if IJet releases a lighting Ijet receiver sometime in the future. According to IJet reps a lighting receiver will be available by Feb. 2013.

What website do I buy the IJet remote?

http://www.buyijet.com/top-products/inav......jet.html
Buy it from here if you have a 30-pin connector. Iphone 4s and below, Ipad 2 and below. But by the time you read this there might be an IJet lighting receiver. So check http://www.buyijet.com

Do I have to wait 20 second before I can fade the next song?

Nope, the next song is ready instantly.

Is this a Professional system?

An Ipod and Ipad have limitations compared to a laptop/computer system. Most DJ’s, live theatre, broadway productions run from computers. Computers run sound, lighting, dmx controllers and other equipment. However I personally classify an Ipad/Iphone as a semi-professional system and yes many working live performers have used this type of system for years. Plus its affordable.

Do I need to insert a Blank song between tracks?

No, the App will Auto-pause and cue to the next song when you press Next on the remote or when the song finishes.

Can you add a certain feature to the App?

Yes and No. Yes I would but No I can’t. I am not the developer. Contact the developer with bugs, adding features and suggestions. He might include them in the next update.
The software (app) was created by 2no7 Creations
http://playmenext.info/

My Iphone is not receiving remote commands?

1)Always Restart the iphone/ipad/ipod to clear cache and free up memory
2)Insert the IJet or your remote receiver and wait a few seconds.

Here are better directions:
http://www.buyijet.com/downloads/dl/file......nual.pdf

Make sure you have new batteries; you put the iphone on Airplane mode, disable Wifi, and set Autolock to Never. Sometimes you have to reconnect the cable to the audio port. Do some trouble shooting and if all else fails contact Ijet support.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » HOW TO CONTROL YOUR SHOW SOUND FOR $1.99 (Crossfade, AutoPause) WITH YOUR IPHONE/IPAD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL